PDA

View Full Version : panic attacks not allowed on a bank holiday!!

bobbydazzler
05-06-12, 14:28
Hi all,

I'm new to posting although I've been reading some stuff on the site for a while. Not feeling great today so was looking for a helpline that was open on a bank holiday and I'm afraid they all seem to be off celebrating!

I'm 31 and had a panic attack about 2 months ago when I went to see steps.... since then it's non stop anxiety as I think I'm scared of having another one, fainting or spewing in public :blush:

I'm searching for someone who knows how it feels to be constantly anxious cos although I have fab boyf, family & friends they just keep telling me to stop worrying.... if only it were so easy!xx

gem7
05-06-12, 14:38
hi bobbydazzler i know of how u feel i felt the same when i went to see westlife in cardiff i know its not easy i have panic attacks as well as social anxiety and depression i just feel like i cant cope anymore i dont leave my house much cos of it i.m not feeling to great today either so i know of how u feel :hugs:

nomorepanic
05-06-12, 14:39
Hi bobbydazzler

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

bobbydazzler
05-06-12, 14:56
Thanks for your reply Gem7, glad I'm not the only one! I thought I'd be ok because I'd booked end of the row seats and was really looking forward to going. Hope you feel better soon, I always feel daft telling anyone I don't feel great because they don't see my anxiety as an 'illness' and I feel so stupid leaving the pub etc when I don't feel right that I've started avoiding going out because it's easier :shrug: xx

gem7
05-06-12, 15:36
thats how i feel i avoid going out cos its easier but this weekend i went to butlins minehead for my birthday as my sister booked it to take me away my anxiety was so bad i.m just so glad to be home now so i can just hide again lets hope some how we can both try and beat this :hugs:

BobbyDog
05-06-12, 15:38
I can totally relate, I suffer from panic/social anxiety.
Went to see Red Hot Chili Peppers on my own, big panic attack going in and hyperventilating all through show, still managed to enjoy though.

People telling you to stop worrying is their way of showing they care, I am sure you don't need telling that, you are the only one who knows how you feel inside, even us anxiety sufferers all have different phisiological/psychological triggers, but we can empathise because we are all in a panic............

I am not feeling too great today, not enough to take my mind off my anxiety!!!

Hope you enjoy this site as much as I do:welcome:

joy
05-06-12, 16:06
would have thought nhs direct 08454647 would advise which helplines are working

joy

bobbydazzler
05-06-12, 16:14
Thanks Joy, I've been through the list on the NHS website and got various closed messages.... I haven't rung samaritans or anyone like that (who will no doubt be open) as I'm not feeling suicidal and want advice rather then someone who just listens if that makes sense? After being on this forum I find it is helping me talking to you guys tho as you obviously understand what I'm going through xx

---------- Post added at 16:14 ---------- Previous post was at 16:10 ----------

Bobbydog & Gem7.... good to see this thing can't stop us doing stuff we enjoy even if it is a bit harder!! It's lovely that you are helping me realise I'm not alone by commenting on my posts thank you :) xx