PDA

View Full Version : sleeping all the time

pmcb12
05-06-12, 16:25
sleeping a lot to avoid attacks don't think this is doing me any good but in constant fear. My son is suffering with depression and I am obviously stressed as I love him very much but my life is being ruined by panic attacks and all the feelings of doom and the physical symptoms. Don't do doctors unless absolutely necessary. What can I do?

BobbyDog
05-06-12, 19:10
I have been where you are at the moment, sleeping to avoid panic and it only causes depression. It is hard to dig yourself back out.

I know you don't like going to the doctors, but it seems to me that you really need the advice of a medical professional at the moment, you need to help yourself before you can help your son.

I don't know if you take medication, but your doctor may suggest antidepressants or CBT, both could be a great help to you.

If you want to chat send me a PM

pmcb12
06-06-12, 10:36
Thank you for your reply. I know I should see a doctor, have been on citralopram before but doctor took me off them. Have also had numerous cbt. At my wits end. Doctors don't seem to understand, but will make an appointment even though phobic about docs!