PDA

View Full Version : having a replase.

feelingblue
05-06-12, 17:41
Hi I am new to this site. four years ago I had my first panic attack followed by months of anxiety. I was prescribed Propranolol 40mg x 1 daily and Citalopram 20mg x 1 daily. I had sessions of CBT from my Gp and also from my Occupational health dept at work. All this helped and I returned to work following six months of being off sick. everything went well for me and I was weaned off the meds nine months later without any ill effects.

for the past two months I was stressed out at work with a lot of added pressures and little support from colleagues. I began to have problems sleeping and begin sleep deprived my anxiety levels increased to the extent that I am off sick again as I cannot cope with doing my job and dealing with anxiety and panic attacks. I have been to the Gp and on Propranolol 40mg for the passed 3 weeks. It does help but I do still experience sheer panic before I leave the house do the simplest of tasks like food shopping or for a walk, my question is do I need to go back on Citalopram, as this terrify me as I have bad memories of the side effects.
I also find it hard to speak to my friends:scared15: about how I am feeling at present as they can't relate to the sensations I am experiencing. Thanks for reading my post. Blue.

nomorepanic
05-06-12, 17:52
Hi feelingblue

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

BobbyDog
05-06-12, 18:54
I would say speak to your GP about the Citalopram and how you had really bad side effects when you started taking it last time. He may suggest a different type of antidepressant, not SSRI'S. I don't take SSRI's any more.

I am sorry it is difficult to talk to your friends about your feelings, they can't know how you feel if they have never suffered from an anxiety related illness. What about confiding in a family member, if you could try and explain what happens to you when you panic eg. adrenaline rush/fast heart beat etc. and how you react to those sensations and how it makes you feel.

If that does not work, join in here at NMP, where you know people will understand how you are feeling:welcome: