PDA

View Full Version : Lump in Neck

WarehouseWorker
05-06-12, 17:50
I've had a bad few weeks, I'm constantly feeling my whole body for lumps!

Today I was feeling my neck, I came across something on the right hand side of my neck about an inch under my ear! I don't know if it's a lump of somesort but I can feel a bump!

I'm 22 what on earth could this be! I feel like breaking down everyone I think it

nomorepanic
05-06-12, 18:08
It could be a lymph gland

WarehouseWorker
05-06-12, 21:13
That's what I was thinking.

If I stand straight head facing forward I struggle to find the bump,

If I tilt my neck and head to the side I can find it easy, it doesn't feel like a lump more like a bump

---------- Post added at 21:13 ---------- Previous post was at 18:22 ----------

It's so hard to find when my head remains straight however when I bend my neck to the left I can feel it. It doesn't feel like a lump of such more like a buldge

Someone please reply

nomorepanic
05-06-12, 21:20
Are you sure this isn't just the normal bony structure of the neck etc?

WarehouseWorker
05-06-12, 21:42
I think it might be, I've been trying so hard to find the lump relaxing but I can't until I proper bend my neck to the left and I can feel it, it feels like a hard bit but seems to be apart of my neck! I'm sorry of I'm annoying you

nomorepanic
05-06-12, 21:47
You are not annoying me at all.

I am just thinking that maybe you are looking for lumps and bumps and we all have them and most are part of the human structure so I would try and stop that habit cos you will always find one lol

Jinkus
05-06-12, 21:53
Sounds link your glands (lymph node) = normal :-)

WarehouseWorker
05-06-12, 21:55
Thank both! You have helped me calm down and see a little sense!

WarehouseWorker
09-06-12, 16:22
The lump seems to have got a little bigger and now i have a little red patch on my skin where the bump is. I'm so worried. It's on my sternoimoid muscle

mrmj
12-06-12, 23:31
still sounds like a lymph node, bigger because you have irritated it by all the prodding and poking!! :)

annette1
13-06-12, 00:17
It does sound like a lymph node, the best thing to do is go to your GP & get it checked out.

I have one in my neck, been there for about 20yrs,it was checked when it came up & no problem since.

WarehouseWorker
05-04-13, 18:55
A whole year on my bump is still there, there is no increase in size nor have I got any symptoms! Would you consider my worry over? I'm afraid

PanchoGoz
05-04-13, 19:21
That is a sure sign it's normal. Don't need to reawaken an old fear!

Nansua
05-04-13, 19:41
I Have Been Dealing With The Same Thing , I Feel PressureIn That Area And I Keep Poking Around , But I Only Feel Something When I Tilt My Head , I Hate Alk This anxiety

Nich
07-04-13, 01:14
It's most likely lymph nodes, i have a couple of big ones in my neck too :)
I had the ENT and several doctors have a feel because they've been there for months, but they assure me that they are fine.

They normally swell up during infection and go down on their own, sometimes not at all. But on the whole, nothing to worry about.