PDA

View Full Version : Hi I am new

roz1
06-06-12, 02:59
Hi All,

Its been a long time since I have been involved in any forum or self help group but am on the road to recovery and wanted to share my experiences if anybody is interested.

I have suffered with anxiety since I was about 13, I had major vomit phobia for many years which controlled me and going through various bouts of agorophobia up until about age 30. I then became pregnant with 1st daughter suffered very badly and ended up with severe pnd and OCD. My OCD is very much thought based about going mad, going to harm, shout out etc etc. The amazing thing was that my vomit phobia no longer was a priority. Since then the last 10+ years have been based around good and bad times of OCD and Anxiety. The last year and a half I have been completely housebound, no help from gp or counsellors unless I can get to a gp's surgery but was convinced I couldnt even walk over the road without flipping out going mad etc etc. I have had CBT therapy in the past and know it can work so I am using this as my recovery. Along with a website/blog that I am updating daily. Not sure if im allowed to post the link if anybody wants to see so shant just yet.

I have steered clear of forums etc as I find even reading something negative or bad can cause my anxiety to be worse but actually I am starting to realise that I cant hide away all the time and also that maybe my own experiences might help others. So hope I havent gone on to much. x:blush:

nomorepanic
06-06-12, 03:14
Hi roz1

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

mandshere2000
06-06-12, 03:42
Hi
How's you, do you have trouble sleeping with you being
awake at this time, i am going through a bad patch at the minute
with my sleep, I always end up on here hoping to find some one to chat
to
Manda

waunder
06-06-12, 06:31
umm yes I do not sleep either but help and welcome,I am new as well. Glad you :)have a great plan going to help yourself ,I do as well. Good luck.

roz1
07-06-12, 23:56
Thank you - I believe its all about trying to be as positive as possible and I am sure with support from others who know how it feels a good recovery can be made

jackjames
08-06-12, 06:34
Hello.. Nice to see you here.

Welcome and enjoy!

Cheers!!!

Findingmyway
08-06-12, 06:38
Hey, I'm new too! Welcome :)

nicola1980
08-06-12, 07:00
Hi and welcome xx