PDA

View Full Version : Not convinced its ibs

mike2512
06-06-12, 09:39
Hi, iv had stomach problems for near on a year now and and iv had abdominal ultrasound and bloods done both came back fine. My symptoms are:-

Going to the toilet 3+ times a day
Different shaped and sized stool
Mushy/Loose/normal
Shooting pains in my rectum
aches all around my stomach
and feeling as if im leaking as if im leaking from there but im not.

Doctor said he thinks its just ibs but i cant stop thinking its Bowel Cancer. Im a taxi driver and spend most of my time sitting and when i finish work my stomach is aching. Iv also noticed the colour changes daily from light to very dark and i always have these black specs on the toilet paper sorry for tmi but my head is telling me its dried blood and im bleeding internally thats why my stomach is always aching. Any Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Angelai
06-06-12, 10:35
Hi Mike

I've had IBS for YEARS :weep: and have the same symptoms as you describe (as well as many others...)

You are obviously really worried - have you asked the doctor about cancer? It's incredibly unlikely to be cancer or anything else serious, but that doesn't mean your doctor can't arrange for further testing to put your mind at rest. He could at least arrange an appointment for a closer look with a camera.

I know it's hard not worry, but please remember bowel cancer and other serious illnesses and diseases are rare.

spuder
07-06-12, 20:41
ask yr doc to be tested for helicabactor plyori i had these symptoms too and like u thought it was ibs untill a nurse did a stool test on me i was given the news i had h plyori and was given 2 antbotics and an acid tab for 1 week. it still hast gone and now being tested again