PDA

View Full Version : Tired/heavy legs

matrix123
06-06-12, 10:23
Hello,
I'm new to this anxiety stuff and it's been pretty bad :(

2-3 months ago my main worry was heart attack...because I felt fatigued, had palpitations, missed beats, difficulty breathing, had sweaty hands and feet, etc. About 6 weeks ago I had a full check up and the doctor assured me that my heart was fine. She prescribed me Xanax to take as needed to help with anxiety. Since then I've had almost no palpitations, missed beats, etc and I'm not worried about heart attack.

However, I have developed other symptoms that make me even more worried. These symptoms include numb fingers, kind of numb arms, heavy/tired legs which scare the hell out of me (MS fear). Biggest issue I have is a kind of numb/heavy/tired leg (mostly the left one). It's not really numb, but feels strange and like I would not be able to walk...however I can walk normally.

First time it was this bad was 2 weeks ago when I drove 4 hours to see my family and was really anxious...I couldn't sleep properly there...had stomach cramp and both legs were really heavy/tired. I though I would not be able to drive back...but actually I did.

Second time was yesterday. It started with a numb feeling on my arm/fingers and I got anxious...later during the day my left leg got kind of numb/heavy/tired and I though I would not be able to walk back at home (although I did). When I got home I also had a bad stomach. I didn't slept well, but when I woke up it felt OK for some minutes. Later I got the same feeling. I'm at work now and it feels numb/heavy/tired.

When I try to be rational, I think it must be anxiety because along with it I get the stomach issues and it gets worse when I'm anxious. However can't stop thinking that it may be MS :(

Update: I took a Xanax in the morning and it's getting better now

matrix123
06-06-12, 15:24
Anyone with similar symptoms???

chris9642
06-06-12, 15:56
Hey I'm not sure if you have seen any of my posts but I have very similar symptoms .... Aft about 3 month of intense anxiety I developed a heavy right arm and right leg!!...... After a recent visit to chiropractor I was told I had severe tension which is understandable I suppose and I also had a pinched nerve which can cause the symptoms. After some chiro adjustments the weird head pressure went away but I still have heavy right arm like a dull ache, weird leg feeling that I just can't describe .... Not weak.... Not numb.... Not tingly.... Just not right it's so frustrating!! The last few days my shoulder feels achy and my arm is still bad and I have tingling in right/left hands. I got myself into a state about MND but trying to convince myself it would have progressed further by now if that was the case.

Sorry I can't reassure you but I do understand your symptoms.

Chris

matrix123
06-06-12, 17:07
Thank you chris...now me legs are feeling better. A little tired...but not weak or kind of numb.

matrix123
07-06-12, 09:32
Feeling better today....

One of the things that I'm trying to convince myself that it's "only" anxiety it's the tired feeling. I would guess that in case of neuro problems you don't have that (can anyone confirm it? don't want to google). In case of anxiety you get the tired feeling because the muscles are tense all the time and because not enough oxygen is delivered (hyperventilation). Does it makes sense?