PDA

View Full Version : help please!!

katielou80
06-06-12, 10:38
i am a huge sufferer from health anxiety, and have been suffering form ectopic heart beats for18 months. well they went away and i had some bloating badly, but changed some of my diet and it went. havnt ad it for months now!.....but for the last 7 weeks ive had really aching legs and back. i did the complete wrong thing by googling.......ive had back and leg pain a few years ago, it suddenly went after 6 months!! well dr google said...ovarian cancer!!! Gulp! im so worried. but on the nhs site it does say persistant bloating (not bloating that comes and goes!)well ive just been to my gp and he said, YOUVE NOT GOT OVARIAN CANCER, it only causes back ache in the late stages!! and i said so i defo dont have it....he said, no your not one of them!! but im still worrying!! surely id have more signs.!! i had a 2 week late period a few months ago after a smear, then my last one was regular. i think im being paranoid about every aspect of my body. i hate this !!!:noangel:

nomorepanic
06-06-12, 10:50
Hi katielou80

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

socij
06-06-12, 11:11
I know what you mean when it comes to symptoms like these. They just don't feel normal and it gets your mind thinking that something MUST be wrong and being anxiety sufferers, we jump to the worst thing it could be. A lot of you're symptoms seem really normal for any woman. As for your back, did you know human being's spines are not designed for us to walk up right? We have the spine of an ape, and they normally walk on all fours, hunched over. Back problems are the number one ailment of the human race. When it comes to your period, it's really common as well to get an odd one here and there. I know I've had late and early, short and long, it is perfectly normal. =] Google is a monster when it comes to this sort of think though. We know it's bad, but the temptation is too great ^^;
What I would do if I were you is write down all that troubles you, see your doctor and have a talk about these things. Tell him/her about your anxiety too and that you just need to know to be sure. They should understand =]
welcome to the site and I hope you're fears are put to rest. =]

katielou80
06-06-12, 11:36
thanks socij !!! i did see my gp this morning and he said i dont have ovarian cancer. that should be that right!!.... lol

socij
06-06-12, 11:45
It should, but it never is, is it? lol There is always one more random pain or funny looking spot. We should try thinking of happier things lol

katielou80
06-06-12, 12:31
ha!! you are so right!! xxxx thanks you so so much