PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to share...

worrybear
06-06-12, 15:58
Ive been soooo bad with my HA lately.
Growing up my mum had bad anxiety,i always remember spending time with my nan while my mum got abit better.
I had my mum round for tea the other day and she said oh ive got pins and needles in my foot, i said omg but you have not been sat on it or anything! She said its only pins and needles and thought why was i like that.
I feel ive been hiding how bad its been for me lately because my mum thinks things like this are her fault because shes been so bad in the past.
We got talking and she told me when she was bad she had the same symptoms as me crawling skin.
But she never once has has HA because she cant use the computer so had never googled crawling/tingling skin she just took it as a anxiety symptom,she has even been to the doctor who confirmed anxiety.
I suppose what im getting at is im only worried about ms because google told me i had it!
And i only get the other symptoms because ive googled it sooo much my body can copy the symptoms making me think im right.
Even tho the doctor has told me ive got anxiety 8 times and i never believe her because i think how can anxiety make me feel this strange symptom.
No point to this post really... just wanted to share.
x

Dzt66
07-06-12, 16:05
Worrybear, we have very similar stories. My mom also suffered from anxiety way back in the day. To the point where she was convinced she had a brain tumor (she had no google to tell her it was MS :)) but her doctor was telling her it was anxiety. She finally was convinced when her doctor wanted to put her on anti-depressants. She is 57 now and no brain tumor. Just plenty of her life lost to worry. To which she developed some stomach issues from stress.

I have also dealt with feeling I had MS off and on for 4 years now. I recently met a new friend who had it and BAM, I think I have it again. So I had another scan last week of my cervical spine. No MS. My brain scan was clear 4 years ago. My symptoms this time were so strong to me I was absolutely convinced there was something on there. Burning, tingling arms, buzzing lips and nose, confusion, off balance, dropping things, mixin up words. ONce I got the clear scan, I am not kidding my symptoms eased up.

I feel your pain. But I think with the history of anxiety in your family (just like me) you really are feeling just anxious. hope you can find some inner peace.