PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and Fitness..

VioletWings
06-06-12, 18:35
Does anyone else find that having anxiety makes it more difficult to be fit? Even though being fit would no doubt help anxiety!?
I am so unfit right now and at a really bad time with symptoms. At my worst patches I'm hardly able to do a thing due to breathlessness/palpitations, and at the best I'm just not very fit!
Anyone else in the same boat? :unsure:

BobbyDog
06-06-12, 18:41
I can relate to this, if I exercise my heart beats faster and I hyperventilate.
I like you have breathlessness every day and panic attacks.

A suggestion - try walking if you are able to get outdoors, it will get your metabolism working faster. I have no choice as I have two dogs to take out evey day.

Elle-Kay
06-06-12, 19:18
I am unfit anyway, so perhaps can't comment ;) but I have noticed two things about exercise, at different levels of panic:
1) at background anxiety/some minor panicky feelings I have found that exercise (my particular penchant is for Jive dancing) distracts me from my feelings, so they subside, but...
2) at heightened anxiety/proper panic attacks I'm like you describe, and can't manage any strenuous activity without sitting down every 60 seconds.

Wanttofeelbetter
07-06-12, 09:46
Maybe try yoga or pilates? You can get dvds or its on Sky sometimes to record.

You can have relaxing music, it doesn't really seem like it does a lot but will strengthen and tone you. It also helps with relaxation, I am missing it at the minute due to a damaged shoulder and have noticed the difference in me for not doing it!