PDA

View Full Version : Chat room manors

Jacsta
06-06-12, 20:46
Hi All

I'd just like to post a request to all those that use the chat room.

It is a room for group support. No one person is more important than another. Could people try and keep it friendly, and try and remember that they might not be the only person suffering.

Direct insults are a definate no no. Manors cost nothing, no matter how down or anxious you feel try and keep your manors.

If you want one to one support, ask if anyone is free to come into help. If not then please appreciate that all in the lounge may not be in the frame of mind to support another as they are after support themselves.

Thank you muchly

Love to all

eightieschild
07-06-12, 18:48
Does that include mocking some 1s anxiety?

CameronG
07-06-12, 18:55
Manors can be quite expensive depending on the size and how many rooms you go for, manners are free tho ..... Joke!

Jacsta
07-06-12, 19:12
Does that include mocking some 1s anxiety?

no. I wouldnt call mocking being polite at all. This post wasnt aimed directly at you, it is something I have been thinking of posting for a while. Reason being is that people get caught up in their anxiey sometimes and this can cause conflict in chat. If everyone tried to be considerate then alot of misunderstandings and conflicts can be avoided.

---------- Post added at 19:12 ---------- Previous post was at 19:11 ----------

Manors can be quite expensive depending on the size and how many rooms you go for, manners are free tho ..... Joke!

I've never been known for my good spelling and typing skills :blush:

eightieschild
07-06-12, 19:23
Totally agree with u

saro
07-06-12, 20:08
Couldn't agree more Jac!.. Also I find that after spending a considerable amount of time to help someone out and there is no gratitude afterwards is very disheartening.

eeyorelover
08-06-12, 03:28
I think chat users always need to keep in mind two things...
1. Communicating via the internet can, in itself, cause misunderstandings! It's so much easier to have misunderstandings when you can't see that person's body language or gauge the tone and inflection in their voice!

2. Everyone here has anxiety! Some are worse than others at the moment but we all know how it feels! We've all been there! Who among us hasn't had bouts of anger, frustration, or the feeling that no one understands?
We all find our own ways to cope, don't we?
Some use humor....some don't.
Some soak up all the info they can and pass it on....that triggers some people's anxiety.
Some are creative and write poetry, blogs, and the like.....some like myself can't put two words together sometimes because of the anxiety brain fog! LOL

Anyway I'm rambling as usual.
I guess the solution would be if everyone could try to remember most members here mean well!
They WANT to provide support. They WANT to make friends. They WANT a place to belong with people who understand.
Maybe remembering that every time we go into chat would help to avoid some of the misunderstandings.

xxx
Sandy

Jacsta
08-06-12, 14:27
eeyore! thats exactly what i was trying to say. Thanks for summarising my point :)

Pipkin
08-06-12, 19:38
Sandy,

Very well put. I agree totally.

Pip xx

pinkunicorn
08-06-12, 21:40
Jacsta,I totally agree with you.... that's why I very rarely go in there anymore. Don't get me wrong,the majority of people in there are lovely and very helpful. But,there is a small minority that do mock when people have left the room. I found that really upsetting and nasty,there's absolutely no need for it. As has been said,we all suffer with anxiety,it's just plain mean to mock people behind their back,when all they want is some support and maybe just some comfort....we all human,isn't that what we all want.....some comfort that what we are feeling is difficult and distressing but we will get through it.

MazF
08-06-12, 22:17
Well said. Why on earth would people mock the vulnerable and frightened? It speaks very poorly to the character of those doing the mocking and is just plain cruel. Good manners cost nothing.