PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram + Mirtazapine + Cannabis combo...?

cozmic
06-06-12, 21:59
Hi there I'm suffering from anxiety related depression, which I have done for many years. I'm currently on a course of CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) and I am taking a course of anti-depressants (40 mg Citalopram 40mg and Mirtazapine 15mg for sleep) I've also started smoking cannabis again....what do you guys think? Is that a really bad idea or could there some therapeutic benefit to adding alongside the ad's?

Regards

Dan

nomorepanic
06-06-12, 22:15
Ditch the cannabis.

A lot of people start panic attacks from smoking that and it is really not going to help at all!

NoPoet
06-06-12, 22:33
Agreed, cannabis and similar substances are the LAST thing you should be taking. Stick with the CBT, I've had 13 sessions for GAD and anxiety-related depression, and now my sessions are 3-4 weekly rather than every few days. CBT is about examining and even reprogramming your thoughts, which affects your response to negative stimuli and will ultimately begin to undo the damage anxiety and depression have caused.

purplesky
07-06-12, 00:09
It's a bad idea.

cozmic
12-06-12, 00:35
Thanks for the replies :) I've decided to knock the cannabis on the head, I see now I've been rather foolish smoking while taking two anti depressants ah well ya live n learn! Hopefully now I can sort my head out....peace