PDA

View Full Version : Agitation and anxiety

NoPoet
06-06-12, 22:41
Hi everyone, ever since I came back from a holiday in Scotland back in April, I have been like a different person: no longer a prisoner of fear, at least not all the time. I am gradually, slowly, becoming de-sensitised to my fears of death, health and depression.

As usual, once my major fears start to back down or resolve, a hidden one becomes exposed. This time it's "agitation". I tend to feel wired and restless. I have chaotic thoughts (nowhere near as bad these days though!). I often feel like I haven't got enough time. I can be twitchy and edgy, I get pressured speech where I talk so fast no-one can follow me (think Daniel Jackson in Stargate SG-1) and I become impulsive in an almost destructive way.

This is a major factor in the difficulties I have had with life ever since I was a kid. I wonder if anyone has any useful advice or information? I have never confronted this problem before and don't know where to start!

Idstain
06-06-12, 23:36
Hi PP,

It sounds like it could be magnesium deficiency? I've been "pedaling" magnesium on here lately and i'm not pretending it's some cure all for everyone as such, just agitation was the biggest symptom alongside anxiety for me when i was sick.