PDA

View Full Version : This is me

Mulberry
12-07-06, 13:26
This is me. I'm 41 and married (nearly 20 years) I think I am suffering from depression. I don't want to visit my GP and get put on more drugs. I am taking tablets for high blood pressure already and Chinese herbal medicine to treat migraine.
My dad killed himself when I was 13 and since then I find it difficult to trust people - even my husband sometimes. I feel very disappointed in myself and I think I must be a horrible person and sometimes I just don't want to "be". Mum moved to Spain 10 years ago and said I don't need her now that I'm married, but I do miss her desparately. Was I such a nasty child that she had to get away?
I have more problems , but that's enough to start

manmoor
12-07-06, 13:32
Hi Mulberry,

You've came to the right place. Here you wont feel alone as everyone is so friendly and helpful. It's a great relief knowing we are not alone.

Take Care

Mandy

xx

emmy
12-07-06, 13:32
i am sorry to hear of your loss mulberry i too have depression and im not on meds as i am same as you i take enuf other tabs i bloody rattle lol...

i hope you get a lot of help and support let me know how your getting on

emily xxx

if it looks like it works and feels like it works then it works!!!

nicjay
12-07-06, 13:34
Hi Mulberry

It does sound very much like you are suffering from depression but at least by joining the forum you are taking the first step towards recovery by asking for some help. The people on this forum are a nice bunch who are more than willing to offer words of wisdom or just to listen non judgementally to your thoughts.

Welcome to the forum

Big Hugs

Nicola
:D:)[^]

chucklehound
12-07-06, 13:36
Welcome to NMP

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

Piglet
12-07-06, 13:42
A big welcome to the site to you Mulberry :D

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

hayles
12-07-06, 13:55
welcome aboard.
I Hope you find some relief and confort here

Hay x

Daisybun
12-07-06, 13:56
Hi Mulberry, welcome to the forum. I am sorry you are feeling so low. I can understand that you don't want to go on drugs, have you had any other help or support (eg counselling) to help you through some of the traumas you have experienced? I am sure your mum didn't see you as a nasty child and I'm positive you are not a horrible person. You'll find lots of help and support here. PM me if you want to chat

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Nicki22
12-07-06, 13:59
hi and welcome to the forum xx
im sorry to hear you feel so low x you have come to the right place hope you find the support you need xx

trac67
12-07-06, 15:34
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

polly daydream
12-07-06, 17:32
Hi Mulberry and welcome to the forum.

Best wishes,

Polly

giddy
12-07-06, 18:56
Hi there and welcome to the site
love Helen

Karen
12-07-06, 21:51
Hi Mulberry

Welcome to the forum.

Have you considered asking your doctor for a referral for therapy? Medication can help manage depression but isn't a cure alone.

Can you talk to your mum about the way you are feeling about her move? There is nothing bad about you and I expect she moved for her own reasons. I can empathise with the feelings of rejection though having been pushed away by my mum since I was young. I don't see her at all now.

You'll find a lot of support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

scoobygirl2005
13-07-06, 16:20
Hi.

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help and support here.

Scooby2005
x x

nomorepanic
15-07-06, 22:10
Hi there

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here. Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola