PDA

View Full Version : doc's want to put me on Diazepam for long term

josh1987
07-06-12, 14:36
as above. who here is on it long term? have u had any problem with it.

nicola1980
07-06-12, 14:39
Hi why does he want you on it long term? the majority of us use it in the short term to help the start up effects of AD's or in stressfull situations ive been using diazepam daily since about feb but will be weaning off it next month as its not a longterm solution xx

pinkdove
07-06-12, 14:42
agree with nicola,although im sure your gp knows what he is doing. good luck xx

southey
07-06-12, 15:32
Hello again Josh,

You seem to have been stressing about this decision to start Diazapam for a while now?

I believe you have received quite a bit of information from members about how it works and how it's best used?

Why are you so hesitant to try something that may help you? Are you afraid you may become dependent on them?

If your Doc' thinks they would be good for you (not sure about the long term bit) why not try them short term for a week or two and if you don't get on with them or like them too much proceed from there? I hope you can work with your Doc' on this?

Nothing ventured nothing gained?

Steve:)

darren GBS SYNDROME
07-06-12, 15:53
Hi,my friend,i've being on it for a year now(10mg morning 5mg dinnner 10mg night)no side affects,just takes the edge of things,i find myself a lot better at handling certain tasks ect,definetly doesnt turn you into a zombie or anything,saying that,each person has their own tollerance,have a look at RDA (recommened daily allowance) and possible side effects.best wishs:)

josh1987
07-06-12, 16:31
yes southey it is doin my head in n i thanks u's all 4 puttin up with me. its hard to get help where i live small town so i use's u's as my help.. yes i think im scared of dependent on them n scared of the hole zombie thing n not feelin myself... only low 1mg morning n 1mg at lunch... i cant take ad's they flip me out. i had 2.5mg about 4years ago n can not even rember it i so out of this world..

---------- Post added at 01:01 ---------- Previous post was at 00:57 ----------

just so sick of beenin locked up in this house..

dan1234
07-06-12, 20:45
Sorry for your situation.

Take what your doctor suggested. Just say **** it, i've had enough and take the diazepam.

I think the starting dose in 2mg - 2mg - 2mg.

Been on 12mg/d for time... Also been on 15mg/d.

Dan

xhyperyogix
07-06-12, 20:57
yep, just do it. if you dont like it, then dont have to do it again, BUT it COULD make all the difference to your life........ and you wont know til you try and go in with an open mind. ps, I think diazepam is great if used as prescribed. xxxxx

josh1987
08-06-12, 05:55
yeah i just have rwad that they r bad for long term

dan1234
08-06-12, 06:48
To an extent but try them in the short term first.

josh1987
08-06-12, 06:56
y r they bad longterm?

nicola1980
08-06-12, 06:58
because you can build up a tolerance to them and then you'll need more and more for the same effect......this doesn't happen to everyone tho and plus they can be a bugger to withdraw from xx

josh1987
08-06-12, 07:12
yeah i do c what u mean... but if its the only thing that is goin to work there ant much i can do... n like u say about the withdraw's what do u mean by that?

---------- Post added at 15:42 ---------- Previous post was at 15:39 ----------

as when u coming off them or when u r on them

nicola1980
08-06-12, 07:20
coming off them you have to withdraw slowly as you can get nasty withdrawals but the same applies to any AD i suppose?? just give them a try and see how you get on with them xx

josh1987
08-06-12, 07:53
yeah i thought that.. r u on them nicola1980

nicola1980
08-06-12, 08:38
Yes but now my AD has kicked in im weaning off them slowly x x

josh1987
08-06-12, 08:57
did they help u? how long have u been taken them?

nicola1980
08-06-12, 09:01
yes they've really helped me but i don't like being reliant on them hence im weaning off and will then use them on a as and when needed basis, been on them daily since feb xx

kittikat
08-06-12, 12:26
Josh, we have discussed all of the above before as you know.....look what everyone is saying. The majority would say they have felt the benefits of diaz and as I have told you, it has been a lifesaver for me. There are good and bad stories with all anti-anxiety meds. Nothing ventured, nothing gained eh? As you know I am now weaning off my diaz, very slowly, 1mg every 2 weeks and I don't seem to be having any problems with this. Only you can decide if you are going to take them or not, but in my opinion they will help you through this bad patch you are going through and hopefully give you the confidence to do some of the things you fear so much at the moment. Perhaps that small stepping stone you need to help you in your journey to recovery? Take care. Kitti :)

london
08-06-12, 14:17
Diazepam can be used long term and is used long term
your doctor knows best
god bless

josh1987
12-06-12, 17:39
god dam i still cant take it.. helpppp

haz
15-06-12, 17:47
Diazepam can be used long term and is used long term
your doctor knows best
god bless

I agree.

I've been on it long term. Although your body builds up a certain tolerance to it, that doesn't mean that it stops working and you have to take more.

At the end of the day, it's up to you, it's your illness.

Haz. x

Magic
15-06-12, 18:57
Kittikit,you give good advice, you can stay on them as long as you need them as long as they make you feel better,take docs advice Josh:hugs:xx

joy
15-06-12, 19:18
dont understand why your doc wants to put you on Diaz anyway when an anti depressant would possibly be a better choice. I suggest you go back and ask him or ask to be referred to a mental health advisor

Joy

PS Diaz dont work for me anyway so unless you take one how will you know

ANG3LIC
19-06-12, 02:12
as above. who here is on it long term? have u had any problem with it.
god..wish i had ur doctor!!! xxx:hugs: