PDA

View Full Version : dunno what to do

spuder
07-06-12, 19:26
been to the docs today and told him am depressed and have anxiety he told me that i havent and its part of life i need a job he said and all will go away get out with freinds have a laugh what have i gotta do to b taken suriously? so fed up of being fobbed off my family hate seeing me like this and thats why my marrige ended. i am so:mad: :mad::mad:. i am on mirtazapine which i wanted to swap he said no uve changed meds loads of times u stick with it. i have suidal thoughts all the time so told him he said thats life.:mad::mad:

purplesky
07-06-12, 19:32
If your doctor is not listening to you (as it sounds like) I would try another doctor, either in the same practice or another one locally. Some doctors have special interests in mental health, so its worth checking that out if you can, either on the website or asking at reception if you can.

All we ever ask sometimes is to be listened to and taken seriously. Good doctors do that, and work with you as they are obliged to.

If you feel its not working then its probably time for a change.

spuder
07-06-12, 19:34
thanks for yr advice can u just walk into another docs though dont u have to b reg there. i wanted my meds changed but he wouldnt.

purplesky
07-06-12, 19:52
If you find a doctor that looks good to you, ask reception if they are accepting new patients and if so, register there. Its fairly straightforward with usually a form to fill in and they then ask your old doctor for your records.

Hope that helps :)

---------- Post added at 19:52 ---------- Previous post was at 19:48 ----------

Another thing I've found helpful over the years is taking someone (a trusted friend or relation) with me into the doctors. They tend to take you more seriously and listen more then, and the person can back you up / give moral support. :)

spuder
07-06-12, 19:57
thanks purplesky might just do that

purplesky
07-06-12, 20:00
Good luck with everything.

xhyperyogix
07-06-12, 20:05
i've never been fobbed by docs before luckily, but when iu felt i couldn't quite get what i needed acrooss i always take it in written down and just hand it to her.

hope you have better luck with a new doc - and sorry the old one is so dismissive xxx

---------- Post added at 20:05 ---------- Previous post was at 20:04 ----------

ps, sorry about all the typos!! laptop screen is bust so i cant see and its on my tv instead xx

spuder
07-06-12, 20:22
thanks purplesky. yogi i took a piece of paper in with me when i got it out he said no put it bk in yr bag plz it looks too long what an stupid doc