PDA

View Full Version : Heart concerns -palpitations, congested feeling, exhausted all over, etc..

VioletWings
07-06-12, 19:45
Hi, As I mentioned a couple days ago on here I've had this horrible exhaustion, breathless feeling and palps the last week or so. I did have heart tests last year (including echo, ECG and treadmill ECG), I apparently had an 'abnormal ECG' hence all the tests but the cardiologist said there was nothing significant found.

I know this should be a comfort to me, but you know how it is when symptoms seem to take over. I'm wondering if the 5 hour train journey I did had to do with setting me back physically (haven't done a journey like that in YEARS) and I was already getting twitches in my body when back home.

What is concerning me most now is the fatigue, my chest, shoulders, back of shoulders, arms, and sometimes legs feel fatigue much of the time the last few days. I'm getting fast/hard heartbeat through tiny things, i.e climbing onto a bunk bed, I also have a feeling as if my chest is "about" to skip a beat but not actually doing it -especially if I exert too much. I'm only taking tiny walks for exercise as I really feel I can't handle much else. I also feel a kind of congested/heavy feeling when I breathe in deep. I take a nap every afternoon but feel just as heavy when I wake. I also feel as if I need more oxygen in my body.
Do people think these symptoms I've described really could all be surmounted anxiety??
I obviously can't go to the docs as I'm away from home, I guess being away makes me more nervous too :unsure:

Thank you in advance!

lelespears
08-06-12, 08:38
I'm getting the exact same thing I feel breathless sometimes just sitting still! Heart palps, my chest shoulders etc feel tight & heavy. It's almost like my bra strap is squeezing me to tight but it's not. I'm so scared its my heart too

Lele x

VioletWings
08-06-12, 13:47
Aw, I sympathise with you lelespears, not fun is it!? Anyone else out there offering reassurance for us?!

justina
10-06-12, 22:06
I had exactly the same symptoms and it was gastritis! Incredible but true. I had medicine for two weeks and it all disappeared.
Gastritis can cause so many strange symptoms. I thought I had heart problems or panic attacks.

accipiter
11-06-12, 17:50
I have heart health worries and I find that I can make myself feel breathless by holding tension in my chest area. When I hold tension there, my chest does not expand as easily and I think that gives me the sense of pressure/constriction. I find that it goes away if I get distracted and returns when I think about it again. I have access to a pulse oximeter at work and have checked my oxygen saturation during one of these episodes and it was perfect. For me it was definitely stress related.

JStewart1
11-06-12, 18:14
Hi, do you do much exercise? and how long do you normally travel? ive been breathless lately but its because im not doing as much sport as i did, i could do 400m in 1:30-2:30mins (and seconds) but since ive been playing too much ps3 and none im getting it back(ish)?