PDA

View Full Version : split second seizure/momentary loss of consciousness???

Andromeda
07-06-12, 23:05
The weirdest thing just happened to me and i don't know what to do because no one believes me.

I was just sat on my bed playing my guitar when, for liteally a split second, i felt like i was falling backwads or my body/brain did some sort of jerk and my head went all funny.

I got up immediately and ran to my parents in tears but they told me it was nothing.

It felt so weird and i'm worried that it was a seizure or a brain tumor or something but i've never head of seizures being so quick and usually you aren't aware of them? that's my understanding anyway.

I don't know what to do.

I've had head pains on and off for the past week and i've currently got a heart arrythmia - waiting for my echocardigram appointment to come through. Been to A&E twice last week and both times they've sent me home after doing all the tests.

Now I'm panicking that the two are related and like i said no one believes me and i don't know what to do :weep:

I had an Mri a year ago which was all normal but surely a tumor can grow between now and then

This stress is really going to kill me

eight days a week
07-06-12, 23:58
Hey Andromeda (nice name btw!) :)

I get this all the time too, I have done for years. And it gets worse when stress and anxiety levels are high for me, really unbearably so most of the time :( This all brings on migraines, insomnia and these kinds of weird jerky things.

I've also had my heart checked out, because I kept going to the hospital like you, for monts, but then finally when I saw the consultant (after having worried myself half to death, like you say!) it turned out that, yeah, my heart runs a bit fast and a bit odd, but since then beta-blockers have meant I never notice it anymore :)

The important thing I think is to continue to take all your concerns to the experts (the tumour though definitely DOES seem to me to be a product of your anxiety, but you have to tell them if you're still worried).

Good luck, please keep us in touch :)

LittleMissSleepy
08-06-12, 00:01
It is frightening isn't it Andromeda. I had a similar incident except I tend to either fall forwards or to one side or fade for a split second. Mine seems to happen when the vagus nerve is over sensitive. This runs up from the stomach to the brain. It can also affect the heart. That nerve can causing fainting too.

Did it feel like a light was being dimmed inside your head or an instant fade to black or just the falling sensation ?

I also get an elevated or extreme racing heart rate.

xvolatileheart
09-06-12, 17:37
I get that when I'm really anxious! It's very likely just anxiety.

Anxious_gal
10-06-12, 00:17
Were you very tired?
Sounds like you either spaced out for a secound or just got a random dizzy spell.
If it happens again you could describe it to your doctor.