PDA

View Full Version : Introduction to me

vintage1980
07-06-12, 23:43
Hi everyone,

I've posted on here a few times but thought I would introduce myself properly.

I've been having panic attacks on and off since I was about 19 (I'm now 31), mainly health related. I have a good life with a good job and a good man, to whom I am getting married next year plus we're moving abroad so exciting but busy times ahead! So I feel embarrassed that I do have anxieties as I don't feel that I'm in a position where I should be anxious.

I found this forum when I was googling my symptoms and I'm really glad I did as it's a great support network, even if you don't post much and just lurk. There are so many people here that have shared their past experiences which happen to be experiences I am going through now and I'm glad that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

In real life I'm quite outgoing and appear to be happy-go-lucky but I doubt myself all the time and all too easily I can get distracted by the negative. Still, I am working on changing this and this forum is a great help.

I hope that one day I can post on here having gotten through my disorders, which will be able to help others that will go through what I am right now.

nomorepanic
07-06-12, 23:54
Hi vintage1980

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

BobbyDog
08-06-12, 12:01
Hi Vintage 1980,

You seem to be dealing with your anxiety pretty well to me, you are able to function as a productive member of society, where as some of us are crippled by anxiety and panic.

Perhaps you could give us some tips, how you go about your daily life with the anxiety in the background.

Welcome:welcome:

grace17
08-06-12, 14:34
Hello Vintage 1980 welcome to this forum. :welcome:

well done on overcoming your anxiety to some extent.

hope things work out well for you. :bighug1:

Pipkin
08-06-12, 19:35
A big, warm :welcome: to NMP!

Pip xx