PDA

View Full Version : guys please help, i only got an hour & half of sleep last night!

GirlAfraid23
08-06-12, 06:44
And I had to be up at 5.45am as i start work at 7am.
I was tossing & turning the whole night and it was torturing me as I.knew I had a shift at 7am. does anyone here suffer from imsomnia and im really anxious that I won't last the day. I'm on my way to get a red bull now but I'm feeling very spaced out & dizzy

Beckybooboo
08-06-12, 06:59
Hi,

At least you got an hour and a half, I got NOTHING.

I'm literally wide awake, have done the house work and haven't slept since yesterday when I woke up at 2:30pm.

I'm not sure entirely what this could be, but I'm on Sertraline 100mg and I'm starting to think it may just be that...

I've had to call in sick today as I know full well that by the time 11am comes I'm going to be absolutely annihilated!

I hope you're okay hun. Maybe a visit to your GP would be the best option as they may be able to prescribe you with some sleeping tablets, if not, you can get over the counter products which are also very effective.

I wish you all the best and a brilliant day,
Becky

waunder
08-06-12, 07:01
I have it and I try not to stress about it cause it makes it worse. Some times I can't help stressing but I find meditation helps.:)

nicola1980
08-06-12, 07:01
Have a chat with your gp and they may prescribe you a short course of sleeping tablets to help you xx

littleredhen
08-06-12, 10:03
Try Berocca Boost instead of Red Bull.

I swear by the Berocca - they work a treat for me.

BobbyDog
08-06-12, 11:37
I suffer from Insomnia along side of my anxiety/panic.
I take Mirtazapine/Amitriptyline, which have a sedating effect. Not so for me as my insomnia is pretty bad, my mind does not shut down.

Anyway, in the past I took Temazepam in the short term, perhaps once a week, you could ask your doctor about taking this to get you back into a regular sleep pattern, for a couple of weeks perhaps. My GP will only prescribe Benzo's short term.

Or, Valerian, available from chemist, health food store, it is herbal and non adictive, I took it for about 20 years and it really helped me.

Mountainclimber
08-06-12, 11:55
Trick your mind, instead of telling yourself you had little sleep, tell yourself you had a great nights sleep, and you feel great. Good luck and god bless.:)

nomorepanic
08-06-12, 12:31
Please do NOT drink Red Bull - that is asking for big trouble panic wise!