PDA

View Full Version : Blood test

sandy35
08-06-12, 13:33
Afer having an anxiety relapse over the last few weeks, my doctor gave me a form for a blood test. I am pleased to say I plucked up the courage to go earlier as I am very needle phobic. Just to ask how long does it take for blood test results to get back to the doctors surgery?

nomorepanic
08-06-12, 13:46
It varies from one doctor's to another. Mine have taken anything from 1 day to about 5 days. They always tell me to allow a week and then call for the results as they have to enter them on the computer when they come back.

Em.ma
08-06-12, 15:50
well done
i am needle phobic i fainted once before a needle so i think you were really brave x
my docs say allow a week like nics x

sandy35
08-06-12, 19:19
Thanks for both of your replies. Yes was pleased I actually didn't cancel my blood test and went through it on my own. Its just the awaiting results part now which is nerve racking. I've actually got a drs appointment on monday so you never know I might get the results then although that's a bit too optimistic!

Pipkin
08-06-12, 19:31
Hi Sandy,

Yep, it's just as Nicola said. They say a week but it's usually 3-4 days. Depends what they're testing for, I guess.

I know the waiting's the awful bit but I bet it'll be fine. Let us know.

Pip

sandy35
08-06-12, 22:37
Thanks pipkin. Yeah its a pity that it leaves me hanging on over the weekend. It was a routine blood test that I requested due to anxiety relapse and my doctor agreed to put my mind at rest. Will keep you informed.

sandy35
12-06-12, 18:21
Just to let you know that my blood test results came back normal. Now I've just got to deal with the anxiety and I'm seeing psycharist on 26th june which is still 2 weeks away.

smogie
12-06-12, 18:39
but thats good at least your bloods were clear and your going to get some help with your anxiety keep busy and hopeful good luck

sandy35
12-06-12, 18:49
Thanks smogie. Also I had a change in medication recently so no wonder I feel out of sorts. I wass ok for 2 years and then suddenly this anxiety came back with a vengence.