PDA

View Full Version : I don't believe this!

countrygirl
08-06-12, 13:39
I have in the past suffered with episodes where as I am falling asleep I get a horrible sensation as if I have fallen down a liftshaft accompanied by a huge body tingle. I can have it every night for a few weeks seriously affecting my sleep and then maybe on and off for a bit but I can also go up to a year without it.

I have had every explanation from anxiety to a side effect from the damage to my neck ( slipped disc and bad arthritis). I have noticed that getting into a panic about something seems to trigger it off.

Last night a friend emailed me and asked me if I had been bothered by this recently. I had completely forgotten about it and said I had not had it for about 3 months hohoho. Guess what I woke up this morning and felt a bit dizzy when I got out of bed which freaked me a bit and when I got back into bed and started to drift off to sleep BINGO its back.

Is it coincidence, my neck is bad at moment but it seems awfully strange that as soon as someone reminds me of it - back it comes:mad:

Catalyst
08-06-12, 16:30
Hi, I sometimes get a sensation that I would describe as "falling" or my body being "pulled downwards" as I fall off to sleep. It comes on like a wave over me. I think its a sort of jolt as I am just about to fall asleep but something forces me to stir. A bit like when you're in a car and go to nod off, but the falling of your head to one side jolts you awake instead - except felt in my whole body / torso rather than just my head and also far more exagerrated.

Is that anything like what you experience? It happens to me mainly if I try to nap in the afternoon - in these cases I'm usually extra tired and I think that noises around the house cause it to happen. I suppose that its also possible to still be actively thinking about things as you start to drift off. Perhaps a particularly worrying thought or fear can cause the same reaction?

Dizzydoll
08-06-12, 16:31
yep i do it to myself tell my friend or family member of ive been feelin 'normal' now for a few wk then bam its back :-(