PDA

View Full Version : Painful lump in ear lobe

sophiethestar
08-06-12, 20:50
A couple of days ago I noticed an itching sensation in my ear lobe. I felt a small bump inside it, kind-of where the side of the face meets the lobe. It has now become painful and underneath my lobe is now swollen. I'm not sure if it's the lump that has enlarged or whether it's swollen skin. It was very red this morning but the redness has now gone. The pain isn't as bad but is still there when I touch it. I do suffer from acne, so it could be a boil. I had a swollen lymph node behind the same ear last year which went down after about too months. I'm anxious to search online because I don't want to find out that it's another swollen lymph node as I'm terrified on lymphoma. I'm not sure if there are lymph nodes between your ear lobe and the side of your face? Has anyone had anything similar? Did you find out what it was? How long did it take to go? Hopefully, it's just an infection but I'd appreciate some advice.

theharvestmouse
08-06-12, 21:20
I sometimes get boils in this exact place, every few months, I wondered what they were for a while, but its actually possible to squeeze them sometimes and fluid comes out, they are sore though. This might be one of those but if it stays there a while then you should see your GP.

sophiethestar
08-06-12, 21:42
Thanks. I'll wait a couple of weeks until I see my GP. :)

Elle-Kay
08-06-12, 22:39
I've had this before, and it just turned out to be a small, innocent cyst-type-thing - like a blocked pore, but within the ear lobe tissue rather than in the top skin layer like a spot. Mine have always gone down in a week or so, but don't prod, poke or squeeze it as that will slow down its departure :)