PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again

montana
08-06-12, 22:37
Hi, I've not been on here for ages. Hmmm not sure why, maybe just trying to ignore the whole GAD thing.....hasn't worked. GAD was diagnosed in 2007 and it's been horrendous ever since. I was driving to work the other day, thinking that as I had a cough I must have lung cancer (because of that bl**dy advert) and my eye started twitching. My first thought was oh it's eye cancer , I mean I get so cross with myself...agghhhh!!

Elle-Kay
08-06-12, 22:47
I agree with you about the new adverts! I don't suffer with HA generally (waaaay too many other phobias to deal with!) but the first thing I thought when I read about them was the negative effect they would have on anyone who had a persistent cough for any of the myriad of reasons other than cancer - asthma, smoking, a cold, allergies........ :doh:They just don't think these things through sometimes do they?

montana
08-06-12, 23:01
No they absolutely do not Leah, I had a cold with a cough as did my husband and son, but convinced myself that for me it was lung cancer and so went through 3 weeks of awful anxiety until the cough went. It's torture !

sophiethestar
09-06-12, 16:47
I'm exactly the same. Those adverts are not nice at all and make health anxiety worse. I was just getting over mine and managed to stop obsessing over my health but now it's started again, so I'm back on here. I'm sure we'll get over it eventually.