PDA

View Full Version : Weird Toe infection..nothing helps?

Skadi
08-06-12, 23:25
So I'm heading to Germany on Wednesday next week and my toe has been infected for over a month now. About 5 weeks to be exact. I've gone to the doctor and he couldn't see much wrong with it. It isn't really red but my entire meaty portion of my toe is swollen and when I went to the foot doctor she got some yellow/white pus from the skin where the nail grows out of.

My toe end is sticking out more than before. That sometimes hurts if I walk but not often. And the edges(especially where the nail grows out of) hurts if pressure is applied to it. Actually that part is redder now and it's sore.

I've tried antibiotics for a week, Neosporin, and the foot doctor got the pus out and gave me healing ointment to apply for 3 days and none of that worked...PLEASE someone help! I've tried soaking it in warm water too..And I've been planning this trip for a year. The foot doctor said she didn't want to remove my toenail if I am traveling..but I have another appointment with her on Monday since it is booked until then. Are there any ways I could possible get rid of this infection? ;w;

Kelley
09-06-12, 03:45
Hey skadi

Soak your foot in some warm water and tea tree oil and once you dry off, put a few drops of the oil straight on ur toe And cover with a bandaid.....do this at least 3 times a day and it'll be fixed within approx 3 days. You can also put some apple cider vinegar on it (it stinks but works great)

Kel

Skadi
11-06-12, 00:41
I have tried soaking. I don't have the tree oil but I've just started trying Epson salt. I'm going to the foot doctor again early in the morning later.

PinkRoxy
13-06-12, 07:13
When my toe was infected I soaked it in a bowl of really hot water as hot as I could stand it and when it was starting to get cold I added more hot water to it and it slowly drew out the infection. Also add salt to the water. I was on antibiotics too but felt it wasnt enough.

I hope that helps :)