PDA

View Full Version : Penpal for Support

DreamsInSpace2
09-06-12, 10:13
Hey guys! :-)

I am 20 years old and new to the forum. I am looking for a penpal who I can relate to and talk to about issues but also to help me stay strong during a tough time and help them to stay strong too! Help us to fight what it is we're going through and inject positivity into each others lives! I already have friends who are going through similar things but it'd be cool to get to know someone new too :-)

Okay so a bit about me (I am female!) I am a bit random, I have quite low moods at times depending on what is going on in my life. I can get quite low over my anxiety. I have quite bad anxiety but have gone through okay patches in which I cope. I have Emetophobia which is the fear of being sick and others being sick (but I only fear others because I fear myself).

I am an aspiring model, actress, I love writing, creating quotes and photography. I really want independence but I struggle to have it. I hope to one day have a career, to study and just have a life in which I don't need to depend on anyone.

I also have OCD which developed two years ago. 2 years ago I also had agoraphobia, post traumatic stress disorder caused by a bad relationship and I find it hard to let people go in the love sector. Anyone similar or who can relate or same interests etc as me let me know! :-)

xx

kym_888
13-06-12, 01:00
Hiya,
You sound just like me but 4 years younger! :)
Im a model as well, i have anxiety and i also have Emetaphobia. I would love to be a penpal with you, message me if your interested
Kym xx

DreamsInSpace2
13-06-12, 09:30
Hi kym

Replied to your message via pm :-)

Would love to chat!! Interesting to find someone else with same problems and with the same job as I have can't wait to chat xx

kym_888
13-06-12, 12:11
I havnt received a message hun :/ x

spuder
13-06-12, 22:17
hiya pm me too if u want i have depression ocd emetopobia and anxiety too i ok with me being sick its others i have a fear of the sound smell etc makes me panic,

mattcr
14-06-12, 19:06
Dreamsinspace-

As I've offered to others on the site, feel free to contact me if you want to. Anxiety/agoraphobia sufferer for years.

eight days a week
14-06-12, 21:28
I love your hobbies - they are very similar to mine (my struggle is engaging in them when I am so low) - and your dreams are great :)

My last girlfriend was a model, and it's a very difficult world from everything she told me. That was in America, but I imagine a lot of the same things are present over here. Performing also - the girlfriend before that (I am sounding like a right lothario here I am sure but have been single for over three years now!!) was a concert violinist and mental health concerns are rife in that field too.

I think it depends what kind of acting or modelling you're thinking of going into, because there are so many different types. Daniel Day Lewis, for example, had a breakdown on stage and could never return, I believe, but that was before his incredible success in film. So I guess you just need to find the right niche if you have the talent :) My dream has always been to be a writer but my writer friends have always had to network, and butter people up (which I hate) but then just last week I met a different friend who's in PR who told me that there are incredibly successful people living in their bedrooms, basically, who write. That gave me hope because I can make it to the kitchen and bathroom too :roflmao:

If anyone wants to write I am most happy to hear from creative types in general as I am one myself (albeit totally unfulfilled, as yet).

I'm male, 36, acts a lot younger (not a good thing probably!) and looks it too (I hope!).

I'm resigned to being single forever now due to my condition (anxiety and depression) and also I'm scared to love someone and lose them, and am so terribly self-critical.

Cheers :)