PDA

View Full Version : Help

Natalie2389
09-06-12, 13:17
Hello,

I've been diagnosed with anxiety for about a year now, I'm on citalopram, but the physicl health side of it is really worrying me, I get sharp pains under my breast bone one the left hand side ( worried I'm having a heart attack) I some times get a achy feeling down my left arm to. Also I had an attack as I call it when I was driving my hole chest went tight and I found it hard to breathe I then had a sudden burning rush all down my body,I went to the docter that day he done an ECG all fine, but didn't no what it was, ever since that it's all I can think off, and I'm worried, I'm only 23 and it affects my day to day life.

Thanks

Anxious_gal
09-06-12, 13:59
I get those symptoms too.
I put it down to tense mucles, panic, heart burn :)
They can be pretty scary though.
Heck my chest is achy right now, lol didn't even notice till I thought about it!

I get sharp pain in my ribs too sometimes, when I really panic it feels im being crushed.
Intense pressure ony chest and back. I know now it's panic but the first time it happened I thought I was gonna die!

xvolatileheart
09-06-12, 17:41
I'm 23 and get those same sensations. We're too young for this!

The burning rush all over your body is an adrenaline rush. I get them too, sometimes completely out of nowhere, and they really freak me out, but I'm getting more used to them.

accipiter
11-06-12, 18:06
Yep, I get the chest tightness and pains as well. It is definitely worse when experiencing anxiety. I find that I can make something hurt if I focus on the spot long enough. Sometimes I get pains in my arm and even in my jaw which is scary because those are some symptoms for heart attack. I have had multiple EKG's, two normal echos, chest radio-graphs and normal blood work.

I haven't any symptoms for the last few months, but started to get stressed last week and now I am beginning to experience the chest/misc. pains again. I think it is all anxiety related.

Natalie2389
12-06-12, 14:04
It's horrible I'm way to young for all of this! I don't even no what caused my anxiety. It's the physical symptoms that are the worst, like now I have an achy left arm, and it makes me worry that Im going to have a heart attack! Just a visious circle.
Thanks for the replys

Sarahj8079
12-06-12, 14:25
Hi Natalie

I get the chest pains too! They used to come and go now its most days as my anxiety levels are very high at the moment, it is down to anxiety.

As Mischel said they can be pretty scary at the time.

Jules147
12-06-12, 15:58
CBT needed. Why waste your young life worrying?

Get yourself sorted and ask for a referral to a therapist.

xvolatileheart
12-06-12, 23:09
It's horrible I'm way to young for all of this! I don't even no what caused my anxiety. It's the physical symptoms that are the worst, like now I have an achy left arm, and it makes me worry that Im going to have a heart attack! Just a visious circle.
Thanks for the replys

Exactly! I can deal with anxiety emotionally, but I cannot deal with the physical symptoms. It's really dragging me down and making me feel like a crazy person.

Natalie2389
18-06-12, 22:48
Exactly! I can deal with anxiety emotionally, but I cannot deal with the physical symptoms. It's really dragging me down and making me feel like a crazy person.

Do you get many physical symptoms? I'm currently experiencing pain in my left arm and it's scary cant sleep, bloody ha :(

xvolatileheart
18-06-12, 23:10
Do you get many physical symptoms? I'm currently experiencing pain in my left arm and it's scary cant sleep, bloody ha :(

Yes, all day everyday. I get palpitations, racing heart, feel like I can't breathe in/out properly, dizziness and lightheadedness, headaches, heavy feeling in my body, all sorts! It's never ending. Emotionally I feel fine except for the fact that I'm worried about these symptoms.