PDA

View Full Version : My Intro to N.M.P.

wilcombebolger
09-06-12, 13:50
Hi All at No More Panic.
Like many others, I stumbled across N.M.P. by accident when searching side effects of Sertraline. I gather I'm not alone when it comes to this particular medication. My story I will keep brief, I am 46yr old English male, stuck out in the Netherlands, (work). I lost my 13 yr marriage 6 yrs ago due to coming out to my ex, along side that, I never get to see my children too.
Every attempt I've made or planned has been thwarted by the ex up to just hours from any meeting with them.
I started to really get down, last year when a self harming episode landed me in hospital here in the Netherlands, since then The dutch health system aren't prepared to help and until now neither is the NHS.
My close family consisting of brother, father and twin sister, and they are not in a position to have regular contact, due to costs and not willing to try things like skype calling etc....they're scared of the techno stuff..lol
Finally I got to see my doctor who prescribed Sertraline 100mg for one month, and although I am returning next week for business in the UK on a three day visit my doctor cant see me,and due to the "heavily armed receptionists" who wont let calls or direct emails through, and stick to their policy of not calling international numbers. I left to just a telephone consultation on my arrival to the UK. What great support!!
The story was not so brief after all,my apologies but pleased to be here on N.M.P.
Regards
Wilcombebolger

nomorepanic
09-06-12, 14:06
Hi wilcombebolger

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

joy
09-06-12, 14:29
welcome to the helpful(not) NHS, lots of us on here have had to go privately because of the unhelpful NHS re mental health problems.

Joy

Veronica H
09-06-12, 22:05
:welcome:to NMP. Glad that you have found us. xV