PDA

View Full Version : so weak and tired all the time scared

dnf03
09-06-12, 19:17
hi everyone just after abit of advice really
i have suffered anxiety,ocd,panic attacks for about 15 years now and have had most of the symptoms at various points
the last 4 weeks however has been different
i seem to be tired all the time(its like a whole body/mind tiredness),i wake up tired usually have a nap late morning before work and it doesnt really make a difference
i have to admit i havent been sleeping great for the past few months and cant remember when i last slept through the night without waking up but lately everything is becoming a struggle
sometimes driving is difficult
i feel weak especially in my legs and knees
also seem to have a lot of sore joints
to tell the truth my anxiety for the last few weeks seems to have been much improved so i cant understand this constant tiredness
its really starting to freak me out
spoke to the doctor the other day and she ordered a blood workup but she said its probably a viral thing hmm

SLjimbo
18-06-12, 20:29
I think the clear thing to do is to do some exercise, plain and simple. You don't have to start immediately with a rigorous regiment, but take it nice and easy like going for a walk, jogging on the treadmill, or aerobics. It sounds like your muscles feel "weak" is because of lack of exercise.

Overall, stay active by doing exercise and chores. I think what's causing your anxiety is that you think you'll suddenly faint or pass out from exhaustion which I don't think will be the case. Remember, just roll with it and you'll do fine! :D

nikkinik
21-06-12, 10:28
SAME! ALL THE TIME! It drives me crazy! I could happily spend all day long in bed. Its like at any moment I could lay down and sleep, but yet if its not bedtime I just cant sleep/nap for longer than 10 minutes at a time.
Im also not really sleeping through, even last night I kept waking up jittery, Ive also had some night sweats too. On the lucky days I do wake up after a good nights sleep I still feel incredibly tired.. My partner works 10-12 hr days and still has more energy than me.
It is scary. *Everything* is real hard work atm.
My joints - wrists, elbows, sometimes just my arms legs, lower back aches.. I considered fibromyalgia but I dont think Im in enough pain, I even thought about CFS but Im not sure how much I believe in that tbh, I dont know (thats not to say I wouldnt believe anyone who has it, Im just not sure about it on the whole.. if that makes sense!!)

I am 32 btw. I cant do much without resting inbetween, on average I get about 30 mins of activity before I start to feel jittery, weak, just ill in general and need to rest for an hour before starting again! If I feel like this now, goodness knows what I'll be like in my 50s/60s!

I hope your bloods reveal something, mine havent. Good luck x