PDA

View Full Version : Pain in my side between abdo and back. Worried about spleen

Darwin73
09-06-12, 19:35
I've got this aching (sometimes sharp, sometimes dull and sometimes radiating to left ribs) pain in my side about 6 inches below my left armpit. I've had it for a couple of weeks now. It came on after an hour long bout of vaccuming. Could it be muscular? I keep panicking it's a tumour or something pressing on my spleen. Don't have any other symptoms.

Darwin73
12-06-12, 22:39
Bumping in case anyone has had anything similar.

Helen1985
13-06-12, 13:43
Hey Hun,
Yes i have this quite often mine seems to come and go. but i have realised that posture is alot to do with mine, i used to lie on the bed with my laptop and this made me bend ina stupid position. I too was worried about it being a tumour or something, it lasts for about a week with me then gos then will return again a few weeks later. I have no idea what this is so will be looking at the thread xx I also go to the gym so it maybe something to do with that x

Darwin73
13-06-12, 18:13
Hi Helen, thanks for replying (thought I'd developed a symptom that no one else had experienced for a minute there:)) I first had this in September and it lasted several weeks and then one day I wok up and it had completely gone. Really wierd. Anyway, this is my third week of this bout. I haven't been to the GP as I have a phobia of them and medical tests. My posture isn't great and I do quite a bit of lifting (have a heavy 3 yr old with mobility problems) so I am also wondering if I have pulled something. The thing is, sometimes the pain will change from being mainly in my side and front to mailnly in my side and back. It seems to be slightly different every day :huh: