PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone around just to chat?

PhoenixGrey
10-06-12, 10:38
Hi all,

Have dealt with health anxiety and depression (mostly depression) on and off for four years now, am having a really rough morning and no one to talk to, just want to interact with some people who understand my particularly brand of crazy, and as I had to start a new nmp acct because its been so long since I was last on here I can't access the chat room and am just wondering if anyone is around?

(Have convinced myself I have cancer after smoking while drinking last night and waking up with a bit of a dodgy throat) :-(

Worryguts
10-06-12, 11:48
Hello- didn't want to ignore your message I would be worrying the exact same thing. But be rest assured symptoms wouldn't appear that quick :-) easy to say I know because you kinda know that yourself but the mind will play tricks on you and make you not believe it yourself. At the moment I am convinced I have a spinal tumour :-( after lots of back pain and tingles and have spent £600 on an MRI ..... All self diagnosed and not under the recommendation of my doctor.... Who has now put me on citalopram. Oh well I can prove them wrong when the MRI says it is a tumour ..... Or suddenly believe that i may well be suffering from anxiety should it come back clear!

Hope this makes you realise you are not alone. :wacko:

smogie
10-06-12, 11:51
so sorry youre having a bad day me too!!!! have had health anxiety really bad for the last month am too convinced i have cancer but have been working through it and have had a good week till today when i woke feeling really low all i can say is everyone has bad days ours just take on more meaning because of how we are i am trying to keep busy and maybe get out for some fresh air i really feel for you its rubbish being like this stay strong x

PhoenixGrey
10-06-12, 11:54
Thank you Worryguts... Ive smoked on and off for years and I started very young, although I don't smoke full-time anymore and I've pledged after this morning's panic that I never will again, this time for the last time, I don't want to die :-(

Hate feeling this way want to feel carefree and 'normal' I miss that :-)

---------- Post added at 11:54 ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 ----------

Hi smogie - thank you, I know its so horrid just going through phases of panic and worry... I can go for a solid six months without any issues, then this happens and I relapse for such a long time just panic and worry! :-( Boo!