PDA

View Full Version : Stressed and feeling hopeless.

Alicat
10-06-12, 14:44
Hello,

I've not been here for a while but I've been feeling quite low. I work in a college and spend a lot of time in a classroom full or teenagers who can be rude and noisy and...just annoying. I'm in a wheelchair so often find it difficult to get round the classroom, which means I'm sitting watching the students, doing nothing. Even when I'm in other situations with them, they don't want or need my help so I'm left doing nothing and bored out of my mind.

I would get another job and leave, but I'm in a really difficult situation. I'm due for major spinal surgery sometime in the not too distant future. I'll be out of action for about a year and I don't even know what I'll physically able to do afterwards because they're fusing most of my spine :scared15: I don't know how much more of my job I can take. It's really making me depressed. It's affecting my performance at work because I just can't be bothered. I've had a crap week, not wanting to do anything or eat.

I am going to see the Disability Employment Advisor as soon as she's back from holiday, but I'm going mad.

I do have 6 weeks off for summer, but the thought of going back in September is making me depressed already, and it's only June!!

:shrug:

EvaSunshine78
10-06-12, 23:01
Hope things get better..there is nothing worse then being in a job that sucks, where people don't respect you!! I hope you can find something in the future and I really hope that your operation is a success and that you can find some contentment.
Good Luck! :) x