PDA

View Full Version : Advice please!

Janeeey
10-06-12, 16:01
I have since having CBT and counselling early last year (after 3 years of HA) had major improvements with my condition - not cured but so much better. My fears generally being gynae cancers and occassional breast and bowel.

A few weeks ago I plucked up the courage of having final gynae tests - mt gynae suggested smear and biopsy of uterus. All very scary, but aside from occassional blip I was very calm and able to use my CBT knowledge.

Tests results all ok - what is odd is that whilst I was relived for all of 5 minutes I instantly became fixated with bowel cancer. This is due I know to bleeding after BM - which I have had for years and my husband who bless him is always happy to 'have a look' assures me it is a fissure.

Just over a week ago I then developed a sick bug (my husband had it too as did most of my family) .. they are still suffering as am I so common sense would say it was just a nasty bug. But I seem to have lost all my rationale thoughts!

The bug seems to come and go but is still hear and now I have tonsillitus to boot! I feel very poorly - but you can imagine the fear re bowel cancer going through my mind. I also have that familiar creeping feeling of anxiety coming over me - do you know what I mean by that?

I'm not 'back' to where I once was but I am concerned - already I don't want my husband to work tomorrow which of course he has to. I feel very frustrated this is happening and my husband is suggesting maybe I consider going back on my meds which would seem a big step back for me.

I know this is a ramble but any wise words appreciated :)

pinkunicorn
10-06-12, 16:57
Hi Janeeey!!! I not sure I have any 'wise words' for u hun! But,I just wanted to say,that maybe because you have had this bug and you have started to stress over your health,you have become quite run down,hence getting tonsilitus on top of everything else. I know it's easy for me to say,but try and take a step back,look after yourself and try and rest. You sound as if you have a lovely husband who is looking after you and he's only probably suggested going back on medication as he's not sure how else to help. I also wanted to say,that if you did decide to go back on meds,try not to think of it as 'a step back' but a stepping stone to move you that little bit further forward. Don't be too hard on your self hun.....sounds like you have been through enough already. Good luck! xx