PDA

View Full Version : Anxious about work - help

YNWA1980
10-06-12, 17:03
Hi,
Ever since I was told off by my boss about 2 months ago I have been very anxious going into work. It also made me lose my confidence.
My Doctor has put me on 40mg Fluoxetine and I attend weekely counselling and it has helped a bit but I can't seem to avoid the feelings of fear going into work.
My boss can be unfair to me and it feels that there is no one I can speak to about it. I know I need to leave as it's not a nice place to work, but until then I need to stay for money, etc.

Just want to know if anyone has the same problems and how they help themselves to deal with it. It really does feel terrible and I question most tasks I do in the office and the feeling doesn't always go away as the day goes on.

Thanks.

JT69
10-06-12, 20:49
Hello

Sorry to hear that you are finding it hard to go into work because of your boss.

It is not at all fair that you are being made to feel this way. If you did something wrong and were pulled up due to it then that is fair enough but your manager should of dealt with it and then moved on. It is very unfair if they are still making you feel uncomfortable and this is a form of bullying!!

Is there any way you could talk to them about it and try and resolve a way forward instead of just wanting to leave? Maybe you could speak in the presence of another person so you have a witness?

Your manager is totally going the wrong way about getting the best from his/her employees if this is the way they are treated and someone needs to speak up about it to stop it happening to others.

I really hope you can sort this out as making you feel this way when you have to work on a daily basis must be very destressing for you.

Hope this helps.

JO.x