PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping - Habit

roz1
10-06-12, 20:28
Hi,

I am on the road to recovery after suffering with anxiety and ocd most of my life and spending the last 18 months completely housebound. One of the things I developed was sleeping alot, partly depressed but alot is habit, it was also my place to hide from the world and the only time I wasnt in a complete state, shaking and having symptoms. I am still struggling now with the sleep thing and manage to get up to get my children ready for school but then sleep till lunch time. I hate that as I then feel all out of sorts. I can then even sleep in the evening. I am starting to take small steps and it is exhausting challanging my thoughts etc all the time but how do I get out of this sleep in the morning thing. Dont wan't meds. :blush:

pmcb12
10-06-12, 21:41
I have a tendency to go to bed and sleep when I feel an attack coming. I am trying to stop as when I wake up I am still in a state of panic. Really I need to learn to distract myself have too much time on my hands at the moment too much thinking time. I am not housebound but find it very difficult to go out and do normal things. Its a horrible way to be/ I too won't take meds. Hope you get there!