PDA

View Full Version : Hair dye reaction?

peter34uk
10-06-12, 21:11
I dyed my hair using 'Just for Men' this morning, about midday.

Ive kinda had a headache all day since and now im getting quite worried. It could be im over anxious about suffering from a reaction. I almost wasnt going to do it, but last week i did the 2 day patch test and was fine, so i thought id do it.

The headache did go, but this evening its back. Im hoping its a tension headache.

Wish i hadnt done it now :(

Just really worried as i hear you can get pretty bad allergic effects.

Surely if i were to suffer a reaction it would have occured by now??

Please help!! :scared15:

bottleblond
10-06-12, 21:14
Peter

Trust me when i say you're not having a reaction huni. I promise you. :D

Lisa
x

Lousicle
10-06-12, 21:22
Noooo ure not having a reaction don't worry :)
The smell of the hair dye probably gave u a little headache , it can happen if ure not in a well ventilated room so make sure u keep the bathroom window open when dying neext time :)
U probably got another headache later because of worrying , tension headaches are often caused by anxiety take a paracetamol & u will feel better :)

Try not to stress :)

peter34uk
10-06-12, 21:23
Thankyou, i googled it which obviously makes you panic!

And when it said anaphylatctic shock i gone into panic mode. My tongue even feels weird now like im waiting for it to swell up!

imissnotworrying
10-06-12, 21:30
i'm pretty sure anaphylatctic shock would have happened immediately/very soon (minutes) after using the dye. any severe reaction/allergy would cause immediate closing up of airway, swelling, itching etc. of course people can have a mild reaction to things too, but mild reactions don't do people much harm, but i don't think you've had any at all, its likely a tension headache xx

bottleblond
10-06-12, 21:31
Peter

Anaphylatctic shock happens within seconds so please don't even give that brain space.

There is no way you're having a reaction....Your anxiety is reacting to this fear but there is no way you're having a reaction hun.

Lisa

shellybear
10-06-12, 21:34
Hi Peter
You are not having an allergic reaction you would have far more symptoms than a headache and you did the right thing regarding patch testing that's all a hairdresser would have done trust me i know as i am one. Take care and don't worry you will make your headache worse x

peter34uk
10-06-12, 22:04
thank you guys :hugs: