PDA

View Full Version : just joined

cristine
11-06-12, 00:24
hello people new here:blush: -just joined :unsure: been takin less than minimal dose three weeks ,first day on pregab felt brilliant now feels like need to increase but worry that in three weeks will then need to increase again and so on...?

hanshan
12-06-12, 13:01
Hi Cristine

Good luck with the pregabalin - that it's working straight off is a good sign.

You need to give people some indication of what dose you are taking, so they can compare. Pregabalin seems to work well for some people, but not for others. You may need to increase the dose, but this generally levels out quickly for most people.

Keep smiling

Hanshan

cristine
13-06-12, 00:44
Thanks Hanshan :)
I feel a bit embarressed or perhaps fraudulent being on such a low dose as most peeps seem to be on much higher and generally imply that for anxiety anything below 300mg is not beneficial and that starting dose should at least be 150mg Im not even close! :unsure: plus I've probably gone about this forum thing in the wrong way as should have done intro thread or something i guess?:blush:

blue moon
13-06-12, 02:59
Hi cristine,welcome to the site,hope to see you in humour section.
Petra x:flowers:

hanshan
13-06-12, 09:47
Hi Cristine,

The starting dose is often low, possibly to get you through the first few weeks when side effects are strongest.

From reading posts to NMP, there's a percentage of people who respond well, even at a small initial dose. Most people increase their dose in the first few weeks, but in my experience you quickly reach a point where you feel fine and don't want to take any more.

Keep smiling,

Hanshan

joy
13-06-12, 20:26
preglabin at 300mg made me dizzy and adding like I was drunk so had to reduce the dosage which isnt working. Dunno what to do?

Joy

hanshan
14-06-12, 01:38
Hi Joy,

How long have you been taking pregabalin? Although side effects disappear over time, it can take weeks or months.

Did you notice any benefit at 300 mg, even though you were dizzy? If so, I would stay at the low dose for a while, then gradually increase it, letting your body adjust as you go.

Hanshan

cristine
14-06-12, 23:26
Hi petra thanks for the welcome much appreciated :D x

---------- Post added at 23:26 ---------- Previous post was at 23:05 ----------

yeah I guess so Hanshan, I just dont want to go back to how i was before taking gab so having read posts about building up tolerance and being on maximum concerning me !-probably need to up my dose-lol:doh: x