PDA

View Full Version : I've had a breakthrough!

Jules31
24-05-04, 14:28
Or at least I think this is what it was.

Yesterday I was sitting in the garden after having been out for lunch when I realised that something wasn't quite right. I couldn't put my finger on what it was. I was fidgety and it wasn't because I was dwelling for a change on how bad I felt. Then it hit me like a brick wall. I was bored. I know this might not sound like much but for me it was something major. I can't remember when I last felt like this. To be meant that I must have wanted to do something else, which meant I wasn't being apathetic and too worried to do anything cos of the way I felt. So Dave and I went for a drive, parked the car up and then went for a walk, fed the ducks and sat watching water for while and I enjoyed it. I didn't even let the headache I had spoil things. We even called in a pub on the way back for a quick drink. I did get a little down because it was one that I remember my Dad had taken me to once, but that wasn't too bad either.

When I got home, I was restless for a while. I don't know for sure what it was but the only way I could describe it was that I felt like something was missing from my life. After much contemplation I still don't know what it was. The only thing I can think of is that it was my joy of life. I'm not sure if that makes sense. I'm still working on it myself. I guess what I'm trying to say is that instead of just thinking I was missing out on life because of my anxiety, but feeling too crappy to do anything about it, I suddenly remembered what I was missing and had an urge to do something about it. Though I still don't really know what. I can't put my finger on it. I just feel different.

I know I'm rambling but does this make sense to anyone? Any ideas on what was happening with me. I still feel like it a bit today and have even managed to go out with a colleague for a coffee at lunch without having a major wobble.

Whatever it is I hope it lasts.

Jules

Meg
24-05-04, 14:41
Brilliant Jules-

You are used to spending every waking moment dedicated to how you're feeling...

So, do something you used to enjoy but have dropped.

Yes I completely understand. I went through this too. A long walk in the country always helped me settle and I joined Springs and started to meet up with people I'd ignored whilst I wasn't well.

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

sadie
24-05-04, 19:35
Hi Jules,

Thats great news!!

Yes I do know what you mean...its like the penny has finally dropped. Suddenly you dont feel as scared anymore but you know you feel different somehow but just cant put your finger on it.

I think its just part of the healing process, whereby you suddenly accept the symptoms and understand that they are just caused by anxiety and nothing more. Yes, you may have days were they symptoms seem as bad as ever but they dont scare you like they used to do.

I have also felt the 'bored' thing too. You have got to remember that you have experienced the same thoughts and emotions for so long now that its become like 2nd nature. Its easy just to think negatively etc.. but now you are realising that you dont need to or want to think this way but its left this big gap in your mind....what do you think about now??? (I hope Im making sense)

I think this just shows you how far you have actually come...well done. Keep it up.

Take care

sadie

Tessie28
25-05-04, 10:47
good news Jules:D
I tell you after how weird i have felt the last few weeks every bit of normality seems a godsend[^]. What it has made me realise though is that I'm not as 'together' about losing my parents as i thought i was before this started. In fact I looked at a photo and had a cry this morning. I thought how nice it would be to hug my mum [sorry crying now silly] or share a joke with my dad at a time like this.

So lack of joy of life is not surprising but it just may be starting to come back:)
love tess

Jules31
25-05-04, 11:29
Meg, Sadie, Tess, thanks for being there. I hope my joy of life is going to come back. Today I'm feeling a bit off, headachey, pain in my side and a bit giddy. But I'm not going to give in.

Tess I know exactly how you feel. I lost my Dad six years ago now and it took four years for it to hit me. My dr and therapist seem to think that is from where my anxiety stems. So don't be too hard on yourself, there's no time limit on getting over these things, if we ever really do. I thought I was together too, until this thing hit me like a bolt out of the blue. You aren't silly for crying, it's a natural release, so do it all you need to.

Sending you a great big hug. I'm here if you ever need to chat too.

Love
Jules

Tessie28
25-05-04, 21:15
hi Jules,
thanks for that[^] makes me feel normal. Sorry you have had a bad day, hope tomorrow brings you more joy. I'm off to the GP tomorrow who will, I hope, be pleased with the way my BP has come down. However, this is the point at which i start stressing that it will go too low :D:D. What am I like[?]
take care,
love Tess

stimpy
26-05-04, 09:28
Oh Jules that is great!

Wanting to so things instead of sitting about bored is fantastic, and it got you out of the house for awhile.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'