PDA

View Full Version : Pupils dilated at optician really bad headache after is that normal

gordie1
11-06-12, 19:44
Hi there I had my pupils dilated and I was really shocked to discover that the vitreous humour is coming away from the retina. The jelly like stuff. But now 2 hours later I have a really bad headache anyone else had that?

Anxious_gal
11-06-12, 22:30
I don't understand what's wrong with your eye, will it be ok?

When they dialte your pupiles it let's too much light in, n it can give you a headache.
I had mine dialated plus dye which made my vision blurry for hours n my head wasn't feeling the best after, all that shining lights in my eyes gave me a headache .

countrygirl
12-06-12, 11:47
I have serious eye problems so have had most proceedures. Dilating your eyes can give you a headache, I always get an ache around my eyes and in forehead afterwards, partly due to the drug used for dilation, tropicamide and also you will have been staring without blinking while eyes were examine and they then shine an incredibly bright light into your eyes at same time and this alone can give you a headache.

Vitreious detachment is totally normal for everyone once they reach over 40 and usually you do not know its happened. Sometimes the retina gets pulled a bit and this gives flashes of light in peripheral vision which is when most people go to optician.
Is your detachment doing its normal thing???
I had one of mine go wrong but that was due to me being born with severe short sight and it rarely causes problems in normal sighted people.

If you have any questions about eyes, just ask as I have alot of problems so have experienced alot and know alot more than normally sighted people:wacko:

I have cataracts, complications of vit detachment left me with cloudy vitreous in one eye plus retinal bleeds and am partially sighted!!

Want_to_break_free
12-06-12, 13:28
wow country girl sounds like you've had it bad re your eyes! My eyes are the focus of my HA at the moment, I'm constantly thinking I'm going blind despite 2 opthalmologists and an optometrist check them!

I do suffer from sever dry eye (drops every hour or so) and this just exacerbates my feelings of loosing my vision ... ANxiety can do strange things to your vision so this also adds to my woes! Just wish I could see that my eyes are actually ok and some people (such as yourself) have real eye problems but just get on with it!

meche
10-08-12, 11:34
Hi Countrygirl - came across your post after doing a search on blurry vision. I have problems with my right eye and it's driving me nuts.

I have to start by saying I already have a damaged right eye which I've had since childhood. If I close off my left eye, the vision in my right eye is limited. I can see shapes and colours but it's a blur. This happened between eye tests when I was 6-7. One year my vision was perfect but by the next the damage was already done and couldn't be fixed. Nobody has ever explained how/why this happened and I've lived with it since (I'm 38 now). The vision in my other eye is perfect so makes up for it.

From about Feb onwards I developed a constant twitch in my bad eye that lasted about 2 months. The doctor said it was nothing to worry about and it was very common amongst anxiety sufferers and it would go away (it did eventually). At the same time I started getting one-sided headaches and eye pain/discomfort - this has been with me on/off since. My doctor checked my optic nerve and said it looked fine.

It's August now and although the headaches and eye pain has eased alot, I'm left with alot of discomfort in my eye. It feels full and it sometimes feels like my upper/lower lids are sticking to my eye and I have to pull on them to ease it. This feeling is constant. When I wake up in the morning my eye is so stiff that I feel like I've been hit. I get odd blurriness in it too. I've read all about optic nerve damage, eye neuralgia and retina detachment. I can take some symptoms of each!

I was last at an optician 4 years ago and the thought of going again petrifies me for fear of what I'll be told but I know I have to go for peace of mind. Sorry for the long post but you having been through so much with you eyes, just wondered what your opition was. Thank you. xx