PDA

View Full Version : vertigo

frankie_jo
12-07-06, 19:00
Hi my name is Jo and have been diagnosed with Vertigo- after being alergic to nearly every thing on the market- I have settled for Cinnarizine and whilst seeming to curb the dizziness it has left me feeling 'spaced out' unable to go to work, quite vulnerable and depressed.

I am desperate to return to work and a normal life again- does anyone have any tips on how to cope with vertigo- is the spaced out feeling part of vertigo or something else?

I am also trying some homopathy remedies which have eliiated some of the diziness but still feel off balance- how long will this last?

thanks

polly daydream
12-07-06, 19:14
Sorry Frankie, got no tips for your virtigo, just wanted to welcome you to the forum. Might be others that can help.

Best wishes,

Polly

ruthb1
12-07-06, 19:35
hi frankie,

i was diagnosed with having vertigo two years ago, but as it happens it wasnt vertigo at all it was anxiety and panic i used to get the spaced out feelings all the time and then i was permanently dizzy.

the doctor told me it was vertigo and then about 2 weeks later i had this tight band around my head i though i had a brain tumour and then the next thing i know i had my first ever panic attack and i have had these ever since with the anxiety

take care hun

ruth x x

frankie_jo
12-07-06, 19:38
so how do you know if you have vertigo or panic attacks?- the symptoms sound the same

chucklehound
12-07-06, 19:59
Hi Jo and welcome to the forum

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

Karen
12-07-06, 21:43
Hi Jo

Welcome to the forum.

You might like to have a read through the following information as a place to start:

First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps)

Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms)

You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

frankie_jo
12-07-06, 22:00
I dont have panic attacks as I feel dizzy all the time- not just at occassions- no other symptoms- does anyone else have vertigo and experience of medication to eliviate it- how long does it last?