PDA

View Full Version : does anyone else feel this self conscious?

R.Barratt
11-06-12, 22:45
Hello
I really hate the way I look. When I look in the mirror I feel very down and want to self harm. As I feel so disgusting.
I am going through a lot of issues atm and me feeling this bad about myself really doesn't help.
I know I sound pathetic childish vain.
But I can't help how I feel. I just hate myself.

yvonne_uk_98
12-06-12, 00:18
So sorry you feel like this, it is an awful place to be.

you can change how you feel, though will take a lot of work to change.

I used to be like this a few years ago, I hated myself, so much that I kept doing the stuff you do, though I wanted so much to change the way I think, do things and to stop being so self conscious of myself.

I took up british sign language, this is where I had to overcome self consciousness of myself. it took time, I got over this. because I wanted to change.

you too can over come this.

plus I had to tell myself that I love myself. was not easy to change hate to love. each day of saying it out loud in front of the mirror, took awhile to accept it. I finally did accept that I love myself. its only been over the last couple of years that I started telling myself that I love myself.

I hope you will find it in your heart to change and love yourself, its a long learning process and takes time.

you do not sound pathetic, can understand why you feel the way you feel.

R.Barratt
12-06-12, 10:18
Thank you very much for your advice and understanding as some people don't understand how bad it is and they believe I'm just being attention seeking but people don't get how this controls my life every day

yvonne_uk_98
12-06-12, 10:32
your very welcome, this does control your life, try not let it control your life, easier says than done, though got to work at it. your not attention seeking at all. your looking for support. I gave you a few links on one of your threads, its a start you can check them out. I'm here for you, if you ever need to chat.

chris22
12-06-12, 10:59
Yeah i kinda have the same thing, my problem is when i go out though when i pass people i always think there judging me, i put my head down or try to look away so ppl dont see me, i guess its mostly paranoia, they probably dont give a crap lol

AIVILOESOR
12-06-12, 14:46
I hate mirrors. I cant say I like the person I see. Sometimes I think it would be nice to be invisible when I wanted to. but camoflauge ie dressing inconspicuosly is probably the best I can do.

Aivi

spuder
12-06-12, 18:34
am the same i have no self estem i hate how i dress and the way i look am fat ugly i suffer with anxiety and depression

R.Barratt
14-06-12, 17:07
when i sit here typing i can logically think people dont care and are too concerned with their own lifes. but when i go out or look in the mirror i feel everyone will judge me and take the p*** out of me. i dont want to be tiny just a normal size but i feel like a whale. i always make jokes about it as i think well everyone must be thinking it so just make sure you say the nasty things first. and i feel i have to be funny and joey because thats all i have going for me. my boyfriend constantly tells me how beautiful i am, he buys me flowers, writes love notes etc and we have been togetehr a year but i guess i just cant believe someone so amazing would ever choose me as their girlfriend so i am constantly paranoid and questionning him. which i know is juts pushing him away but i cant seem to help it :weep:

BobbyDog
14-06-12, 19:10
I understand your feelings, my insecurities lost me the only relationship I ever really cared about, the only person I have ever been in love with.

Yvonne uk 98 has proved that we can move forward from the self loathing and perhaps learn to like if not love ourselves.

I hope things start to get a little better for you soon.

R.Barratt
15-06-12, 13:26
im sorry to hear that.
i hope youre in a better place atm.
i desperately want to love myself and be strong enough to not let the paranoia depression etc to take over and if someone does hurt me again to not blame myself but simply know they arent worth having in my life
thank you for the smiley face i need that :hugs:

arsenalfun
25-06-12, 09:42
You should know that look doesn't matter, what matter is self-confidence. At end, you can tell for someone that's hot, but that person might look ugly to me and vice versa.

R.Barratt
27-06-12, 18:00
I know looks shouldn't really matter that much but its so hard to not judge myself when in a mirror or I'm eating etc

shotokansho
27-06-12, 18:47
Hey. I know how your feeling. I have history of self harm and hate the summer months because my scars are on show and I can feel people's eyes just focused on them...Or maybe I'm just being paranoid. I also have very short hair for a girl and people stare over that too. I have two front teeth that stick out a very long way and they are the thing that I hate about myself the most.
I do understand how you feel, it's worse for me when I am down but when my depression isn't to bad I can cope with looking in the mirror and saying 'hey Kez, your ok', and I can smile.

R.Barratt
02-07-12, 00:07
Thank you kez