PDA

View Full Version : Scan tomorow worry time today

and_y
11-06-12, 23:50
Hi guys for the last 6 months ive been having abdominal pain and tomorrow is the long awaited scan and of course im now in a worry i was wondering if anyone knows do they check the results right there and then or do i need to wait a period of time.

thanks.

macc noodle
12-06-12, 06:19
Hi there - I had an abdominal US recently and it was done Friday afternoon - I got the results at my GP practice the following Monday.

They will not tell you the results there and then.

Ask them how soon the results will be with yr GP and then ring yr doc for an Appt.

Good luck xx

countrygirl
12-06-12, 11:39
What sort of scan is it??? Ultrasound or CT colonoscopy???

With ultrasound it depends alot on your hospital, I have found if all is well then the radiographers have always said everything looks fine, I have also found they have said to me "you have a small functional ovarian cyst" but maybe this is just my local health authority.

Don't panic if you get a silent radiographer if its ultrasound, there is one of these at my hospital and I hate getting her as she says nothing and has such a miserable face and the first time I had her I was totally panic stricken as I was having an ovarian cyst checked to see if it had grown and in the end I said panicky " Has it got alot bigger" and she looked at me as if I was daft and said "bigger? its gone completely". Massive relief on my part but I could have shaken her for putting me through so much fear.

If its a Ct scan then no you do not get the results that day but they will be sent to your Dr within a week.

HOpe its just the ultrasound.

and_y
12-06-12, 15:49
Had the scan today it was an ultrasound i asked the woman when the results would be in she told me about a week I did ask if it looked OK and she said she didn't see any issues so hopefully it will come back good then

Thanks guys

---------- Post added at 15:49 ---------- Previous post was at 15:30 ----------

Don't panic if you get a silent radiographer if its ultrasound, there is one of these at my hospital and I hate getting her as she says nothing and has such a miserable face and the first time I had her I was totally panic stricken as I was having an ovarian cyst checked to see if it had grown and in the end I said panicky " Has it got alot bigger" and she looked at me as if I was daft and said "bigger? its gone completely". Massive relief on my part but I could have shaken her for putting me through so much fear.

The woman today was like can i get you to go on your side and was talking a while on the one spot i had myself a mini panic wondering why but supposedly some people have harder abdominal mussels which makes it harder to scan