PDA

View Full Version : Sertraline and aggression

Scared_11
12-06-12, 10:49
Hi everyone

I have been taking sertraline for about 4 months now and have been doing a lot better. The only side effects that I seem to experience are night sweats and vivid dreams.

Lately though, u have noticed that I am more aggitated and angry than I used to be. I am getting realy aggitated by my boyfriend and I don't know if this is natural or related to the meds.

Anyone have any similar experience?

I find when u am around him I have the urge to like bite him or squeeze him and I just feel easily angered by him.

This worries me as I suffer with harm OCD.

chrisjay
10-07-12, 22:39
It can be a side effect this angry. As I know Zoloft treat depression and I think the angry is opposite.
Please be very careful with this drug if you want to be pregnant because can cause serious birth defects.

Brownin
11-07-12, 22:29
I also had the sweating for a good few months.

Regarding the vivid dreams these are still on-going, been on the tablets a year now. While dreaming I actually regularly know I am in a dream but seem unable to wake up until something of some significance happens. These used to bother me to the point I wouldnt be able to get back to sleep when this happened and would just get up there and then no matter how early in the morning it was. Now I am able to brush it off, I just remind myself, IT IS A DREAM, then I just calm down and drift back off.

I am now slowly coming off the tablets as I feel in myself I am able to function 'normally' without the tablets.
You just need to remember these side effects are due to the tablets but you need em to help you overall :)