PDA

View Full Version : Women to talk anonymously about anxiety

clare175
12-06-12, 11:39
I am writing a report on anxiety for a glossy women's health and wellbeing magazine and am keen to get some real experiences in there - they all can be anonymous - no names or pictures needed.
I'd like to hear from women who suffer with anxiety, particularly at work, perhaps who take anti-anxiety medication to control it. I'm interesting in exploring the rise in anxiety among professional women/the use of anti-anxiety medication - and the idea that in some jobs its almost expected that we're anxious at work now - that we feel it shows we're working hard. Some high-flying women openly discuss their anti-anxiety medication as if its the norm (the editor of Vogue recently admitted carrying Xanax in her handbag). Perhaps you thought you were alone in suffering and have since discovered many of your friends and colleagues are also suffering. Or perhaps you feel its almost expected that you feel anxious/stressed at work.
I'm also interested to hear whether anyone feels like they need a certain level of anxiety to spur them on at work - or perhaps you used to feel like that but it got to a point where you were overwhelmed.
If you have experience of this and would be willing to provide a few totally anonymous quotes for the piece please send me a private message.
I'd be very helpful for any thoughts/contributions!
Thanks
Clare