PDA

View Full Version : mirtazapine to venlafaxine

summer476
12-06-12, 15:03
hi all my psych has decided to take me off the mirazapine and put me on venlafaxine after reading so much about it it has really scared me into not wanting to take it is it as bad as what people are saying any help would be apreciated thanku xx

joy
12-06-12, 16:14
Loads of people have got better on ven, seems to be the coming off which is the trouble. I know if I found a med that worked i'stay on it for life.

Joy

dan1234
12-06-12, 16:24
There are horror stories about all drugs.

Usually it is the first few weeks which are the worst, and the last few when you start tapering/ stop.

Dan

Pipkin
12-06-12, 18:24
I agree with Joy and Dan. I'm on venlafaxine and it's worked wonders for me. I've been on it before too (many years ago) and, although it's not easy to come off, it's far from impossible and I got over the worst in a week.

Give it a go and try not to pay attention to all the negative stories. People always tend to air their negative opinions rather than the positive and you get this about all drugs.

Pip

karenp
05-08-12, 16:06
I'm on Mirtazapine too and it's done nothing for my anxiety so was going to ask if I could try venlafaxine when I see my gp on Tuesday. I've usually been on Citalporam whenever I've become anxious but I find it hell to start up on so really am scared of going back on it. I do get days where I am really depressed but it's really mainly panic and anxiety I suffer from and terrible insomnia that causes me to panic, which is why they said Mirtazapine would be good but I'm only sleeping 3 or 4 hours on it now and have to take diazapam and zopiclone during the night which my gp wants me off.
I'm not too bothered about tapering off drugs as I have never had withdrawell effects and have read horror stories about coming off benzos and Citalopram but I've been on both and never had one single side effect coming off once I was well, just tapering my pills down to nothing.