PDA

View Full Version : tingling numb feeling in left leg

belina
12-06-12, 22:30
Hi i know i have posted about this beforebut its really starting to get to me now. I constantly have a numb tingling left leg, sometmes its just a dull tingle but othertimes its a full on dead leg that i struggle to walk on. Its mostly worse in the morning or if i wake up in the night i notice it then it keeps me awake because im worrying about it. Is it possible to feel anxious in ur sleep? sometimes behind my knee feels swollen as well. Has anyone else ever felt like this? i need some reassurance as its starting to really worry me. I have mentioned it to the doctor a few times and she has said it is all anxiety related and not to worry but we all know thats easier said then done. I have some blood tests coming up so maybe will get some results from them but in the meantime am driving myself madf thinking what it coould be :weep:.
Thanks for any replys :)

saab
13-06-12, 14:20
Sounds like pressure on a nerve when you sleep. You can feel anxious when you're asleep because your mind has been conditioned to stay in a state of anxiety.

I often wake up feeling anxious - I have practised being anxious for so long, and you get good at what you practise, so that I am never fully relaxed now. Even when I think I am quite relaxed I am still in a slightly anxious state. Hopefully as more time passes I will awake more relaxed.

rachael t
13-06-12, 19:15
It could even be sciatica