PDA

View Full Version : I don't want to live feeling like this.

countrygirl
13-06-12, 10:22
I posted that I keep having sleepless nights because as soon as I go to bed and lay down I get terrible pressures in my abdomen around navel and in area below. I had this badly 5 years ago on and off for months and had all the tests to rule out anything serious with bowel and eventually told it was probably ibs attacks.

I have been having trouble sleeping for past few months on and off for all sorts of reasons usually physical ones like i kept feeling as if I was falling down a liftshaft as I would drift off to sleep and this would keep happening every night for weeks preventing sleep or I just felt wide awake all night.

I have got some sleeping pills but Dr gave me long talk about them not being the answer and how as I can take 20mg of temazepam and still not sleep all night they were not working.

I took one two nights ago and still did not sleep. Then next night I slept well because I had no weird pressures in abdomen.
Last night went to bed fine but within 10 mins of laying down the pressures were back big time. I took sleeping tablet at 2am but only got 3 hrs sleep before waking and the pressures were bad.

I have a wonderful husband who has put up with my severe anxiety for 32 years but I really feel desperate at the moment. Sleeping pills don't work for me and I feel so ill from lack of sleep, Keep going really dizzy as well due to anxiety and sleep deprivation. In the middle of the night I really was feeling life was not worth living like this.

My left leg muscles are twtiching like crazy, buzzing feeling in leg and weird numb patch on foot.

I have blood tests tomorrow and DRs appt on Friday afternoon.
I am totally focused on the physical symptoms, Dr did ask if I wanted to try the anti d citalopram to see if controlling the anxiety would help my physical symptoms but I am too frightened of side effects but feel I cannot live like this.

nomorepanic
13-06-12, 10:26
Do you get much exercise at all?

KK77
13-06-12, 10:35
Dr did ask if I wanted to try the anti d citalopram to see if controlling the anxiety would help my physical symptoms but I am too frightened of side effects but feel I cannot live like this.

It certainly sounds to me like the physical symptoms are being caused or exacerbated by anxiety & I think taking your doc's advice & trying the cit at a low dose initially is your best option. You could start with 10mg & slowly increase to 20mg. Worth a try.

saab
13-06-12, 14:06
You aren't thinking straight at the moment because you are massively sleep deprived. That's why they use sleep deprivation as a form of torture - because it is terrible for your mental health.

If you haven't read it, I really recommend Claire Weekes "Self Help for Your Nerves" which helped me massively with my anxiety. It explains how many physical symptoms are stress related. It may be worth trying the anti-depressant at a low dose just to get you through this bad patch.