PDA

View Full Version : gastitus and how to get rid of it

xshellyx
13-06-12, 16:34
i have erosive gastritus it causes me nausea and appetite loss. i am on acid reducers but feel they aint helping much. has any one any remedies or any thing i can buy to help this? thanks

LAURA48
13-06-12, 19:18
Hi I have just been diagnosed with Gastritis - isn't it painful! all of the anxiety I have been having has caused it! On omeprazole - haven't been on them long and GP said a few hours later take Gaviscon. I know warm peppermint can help - you know the peppermint essence used in cooking and add some warm water. Trebor Extra strong mints. Hot water bottle placed on your stomach - drinking lots of milk. I really do sympathize with you Shelly - it's bloody agony!

Laura -been told Nexium is good - works like omeprazole, etc.

lelespears
15-06-12, 14:37
I was diagnosed with this after an endoscopy. What are your symptoms?

LAURA48
15-06-12, 18:27
Hi my symptoms are in my stomach like a stabbing pain in one particular spot - like a spear piercing through my stomach and back. The anxiety has caused it by producing more acid. I am on 20mg Omeprazole and felt so bad with it the other night took 40mg and this has really helped, did the same last night and helped again - will ring my doctor up on Monday as not in today to see if I can have more of that dosage. Have lots of 20mg though but it has really helped. The other night was practically in tears with it!

How are you?

Laura

---------- Post added at 18:27 ---------- Previous post was at 18:25 ----------

I take Gaviscon too - not at the same time though - throughout the day and Omeprazole at night as per doc's instructions.

joy
15-06-12, 19:08
Gastritis seems to take its own sweet time in going. I've had it twice and I describe it as a rat gnawing at my stomach. Had two endoscopies so know nothing serious is going on but sure feels like it.

Wishing you better

Love Joy

PanchoGoz
15-06-12, 19:39
I think I was diagnosed with that once and they gave me omaprozole becuase I might have had a stomach ulcer. I still get these symptoms and I had an attack of it yesterday, an exam day coincidentally. It's really hard to eat and then you get weak and then you get depressed and eat less then you get more acid. What I try to do is eat a lot spread out. yesterday I had a cheeseburger, then a pot noodle, then 2 crumpets then a bag of crisps then dinner then toast before bed - and I'm nearly underweight would you believe. So eat eat eat!