PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts.....

kate
12-07-06, 23:29
I have been a member here for a very long time and can quite honestly say that the site has given me much needed support over the years.

Over the last couple of days I have been angered by the posts that have been appearing which are merely being set up to air personal grievances on a public forum. There is so much venom and hatred in these postings and I'm not easily shocked by such things but I feel compelled to write this post.

This site was set up by Nic as she wanted to share her feelings and fears with like minded people. She also wanted to help others, this was her ultimate aim. She has put so much time and effort into building the site up into the biggest and best there is with more members and postings than on any other forum of this nature. A lot of us contributed financially to the new chat room. We gave willingly as we all used the room and all benefited from it.

Please, please give some thought to how Nic must now be feeling. She has put so much into this site and it is now being abused in an awful way.

Of course I realise that there will always be disagreements on large forums such as this, that is life. But, the type of postings that have been made recently are definately not the kind that should be appearing on our forum. We are here to help people through bad times. Newcomers here will not want to be reading postings such as the ones that have appeared recently. These kind of disagreements etc should be dealt with privately through either PM or MSN or the like. There really is no need for dirty linen to be aired in public. It just fuels the arguments and turns into tit for tat nastiness.

Maybe such posts should be deleted as soon as they appear, I for one would have no problem with this. But of course, this is for Nic to decide.

Please just give a thought to what Nic has put into this site and how lost a lot of us would be if it was no longer available to us. And, finally, please remember that Nic is also a sufferer and this must all be affecting her badly as well.

Kate

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

Karen
12-07-06, 23:38
I'm not up to writing much tonight but I do want to say that I agree with Kate's post 100%.

Nic puts a tremendous amount of time and effort into keeping this site running and does a lot to support other members. The types of posts that have been appearing recently are no way to repay her hard work and kindness.

Surely we all have enough to deal with already without all this bickering and arguing. I think personal disagreements should be dealt with in private and not aired on the public forum.

The aim of this site is to support each other not to tear each other to shreds.

Please lets give it a rest now and put an end to it once and for all.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

manmoor
12-07-06, 23:52
Hi Kate,

I agree with you also. Poor Nic has a time of it lately with all the bickering goin on. We are all here to help each other and be friends.

Mandy

xx

darkangel
13-07-06, 00:26
this site is a life line to many people and has helped people cope through the dark times.

it is one thing to have disagreements - you would expect that anyway on a large site like this but some of the posts are totally degrading and written with such hatred and venom.

Just think how our lives would be without the support and understanding from this site.

Darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving

Wenjoy
13-07-06, 07:53
Hi one and all - I totally agree with what you say - This site has saved my life and others I am sure and sometimes I read posts and wonder if some of the people on here are not genuine - maybe one or two are just wind ups or people playing with us and our emotions for fun. I hope this site continues because Nicola deserves to be recognised for her idea of this website and the help she and her other colleagues give.

thankyou !! Wenjoy x

marie ross
13-07-06, 08:48
Hi everyone,

I don't know where i would be without this site, it has helped me so much, although i hav'nt been here a lot lately (to many arguments!!!), it's good to know that people are here to listen and help you, and in turn we are here to help people who are new and scared and unsure of where to turn.

Keep up the excellent work Nicola.

Take care

Marie XXX

Piglet
13-07-06, 09:46
Kate,

I too agree with your post 100% - well done for putting into words what the majority of the folk on here are thinking.

Love Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Daisybun
13-07-06, 10:42
Kate, I agree with you 100% too, this site has been a Godsend for me and so many others. Thanks Nic

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Trev
13-07-06, 11:14
Well said Kate. I agree with all of your comments 100%.

Personal insults have no place here in my opinion. If you do feel the need then please use PM's and keep it away from the majority of us.

Nic is also a sufferer as Kate says. How would others like to have to deal with all of this stuff on top of their own anxiety related issues. Boils down to one simple word : RESPECT.

Respect for Nic, this site and others that use this site.

Please, please, please use PM's to do your slagging if you have to do it and keep it off the main forum. I'm not taking sides as I don't know alot of what goes on as I never go in chat. However, as someone who has benefited hugely from NMP over the past year or more I feel I need to add my support.

We need to be trying to add positivity to people's lives, not more negativity.

Well done Kate. :D

Hopefully sending out positive vibes to all at NMP!!!!!! :D:D:D

scoobygirl2005
13-07-06, 12:48
I agree with you too Kate. Thanks Nic and all the other admins.

Scooby2005
x x

pips
13-07-06, 12:53
Here Here Kate I also agree 100% Thanks for writing that.

And as Trev says RESPECT!!

Take Care,

Love PIP'S X X

Southern_Belle
13-07-06, 13:35
I also agree, thank you so much for all the work you admins and moderators do. Also, thank you very much for this site, we really do appreciate it Nic!

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

alexis
13-07-06, 15:51
Well said Kate, lets get this forum back to how it was a year ago, happy!!!

carlin
13-07-06, 18:48
Here here! xxxjean

nomorepanic
13-07-06, 20:56
Kate

Hiya mate.

Me and Kate go back a long way, along with Sunomates. We call ourselves the 3 amigos cos we used to go in chat and there was us 3 and that was it. We used to do quizzes and all sorts and it was great fun.

So I can understand why Kate is protective of both this forum and the chat room too - just as I am.

Yes Kate is right - the chat room cost us over £250 and was paid for by membes from here. We had great fun with quiz nights and 20 questions etc we got to know every one in there very well.

Of course things move on and the site has grown and new members come and go but I still remember the good times.

I have been in chat twice this week - one was a bit disappointing cos several members left to another room when I went in and me and Millie were helping someone out. Last night I went in and it was very upbeat and friendly in there and I am hoping that wasn't just cos I was there LOL

We can get both the chat and forum back on track if we really want to and I think we have now had world war 3 and are moving on!

I have had some lovely PM's and mails these last 2 days with words of support and apologies too.

Let's move on now and get it back to how it should be and support each other again.

Just remember that not everyone likes everyone else - that is life and human nature but you don't need to post every single gripe here. Sort it out in private and then move on and forget it.

Us sufferers don't need added stress and anxiety from posts on here.

Thanks for all the messages and posts. I appreciate them all.

Nicola

Peru83
14-07-06, 07:46
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Kate

Hiya mate.

Me and Kate go back a long way, along with Sunomates. We call ourselves the 3 amigos cos we used to go in chat and there was us 3 and that was it. We used to do quizzes and all sorts and it was great fun.

So I can understand why Kate is protective of both this forum and the chat room too - just as I am.

Yes Kate is right - the chat room cost us over £250 and was paid for by membes from here. We had great fun with quiz nights and 20 questions etc we got to know every one in there very well.

Of course things move on and the site has grown and new members come and go but I still remember the good times.

I have been in chat twice this week - one was a bit disappointing cos several members left to another room when I went in and me and Millie were helping someone out. Last night I went in and it was very upbeat and friendly in there and I am hoping that wasn't just cos I was there LOL

We can get both the chat and forum back on track if we really want to and I think we have now had world war 3 and are moving on!

I have had some lovely PM's and mails these last 2 days with words of support and apologies too.

Let's move on now and get it back to how it should be and support each other again.

Just remember that not everyone likes everyone else - that is life and human nature but you don't need to post every single gripe here. Sort it out in private and then move on and forget it.

Us sufferers don't need added stress and anxiety from posts on here.

Thanks for all the messages and posts. I appreciate them all.

Nicola

<div align="right">Originally posted by nomorepanic - 13 July 2006 : 21:56:51</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

I would just like to appologise since I have been involved in regent probs on the site, you all have my word that I will NOT be getting involved in such things again. I totally agree that this site really doesn't need it.

This site really was a life line to me when I got my first PA in May 2005, without you guys to explain and help me I think I would still be the babbling wreck hiding in my room!

And about the Quizes you guys had Nic and Kate, you think we could maybe do them again? You know maybe at the weekend in the evenings, just a thought, it might help bring everyone together again.

Take Carexx

Claire

onwards and upwards

Lucy36
14-07-06, 19:56
Hi

I totally agree with claire. could you do some quizzes and games etc like before. i think that would be a totally good idea nic?

take care all
lucy xx

kate
14-07-06, 20:02
I think thats a great idea!

Kate

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

Piglet
14-07-06, 20:14
I'm up for that too. :D

Love Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.