PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again :(

Lousicle
13-06-12, 22:15
Been havin anxiety since about 7pm :( slowly getting worse & now I feel on the verge of a panic attack , which is making me even more anxious.
Keep getting thoughts in my head about my 12 week scan that is on 29th , I keep thinking they're gonna find my baby dead or not even there at all :weep:
It's really worrying me , I've had no signs of miscarriage at all but I can't get this worry out of my head.
I'm trying to relax but I can't , I've got the tight throat feeling , im breathing shallow & shaking a little , my chest is a little tight aswel :/

I really don't want a panic attack , I don't know what to do right now I feel helpless , been googling odds & chances of miscarriage & it's all getting me wound up.
Can anyone help or chat for a while?

Rach29
13-06-12, 22:27
hi try to relax and do something to keep your mind off it instead of thinking the worst think you are going to see your gorgeous little baby everything will be fine and dont google that only sets off anxiety nothing else so relax theres nothing to worry about :) you and your baby are fine

Elle-Kay
13-06-12, 22:56
If you breathe deeply and concentrate on that you can stop yourself panicking within 3 minutes. First, breathe in and out and time your breaths - in to a slow count of 5, and out to the same. This will bring your heart rate down and give you something else to think about. Then, tell yourself firmly and clearly in your head; "Stop!!" - you're telling yourself to stop those negative thoughts. Then, immediately reinforce this by repeating a positive, affirming thought such as "I'm perfectly safe, and everything will be fine." Keep up your breathing while you do this.

Good luck!